Can't send or receive email
Hodag11

The other day I entered a wrong secret question answer while trying to access my verizon.net account and was locked out. I subsequently was able to acess my verizon.net mail from the web site and changed my password.  I am currently able to access my mail directly from verizon.net but cannot download my mail or send from my ipod, my ipad or my desktop via my email client which I think is outlook.  It says I have a bad password or ID. But both are correct. All account information is correct on each client account. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Can't send or receive email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your server name, port settings and that you have SSL/TLS set.  Make sure you have password required and in the clear.  In some cases you will need to have yourid@verizon.net set rather than just yourid.

Once you are converted to AOL mail your password at the verizon site and the aol site are changed seperately.

0 Likes
Hodag11

Done all that..everything is set up correctly. I can go to the verizon web page and get my mail but cannot get it on my client devices (desktop, ipod, ipad).  All quit when I changed the password on the verizon site. Have changed the setups on all devices to he correct new password but no dice. Even deleted old account and set up new account. Nothing works.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

These settings are working for me.imageiPhone Email settings iOS 11 1 1

0 Likes