Switch Account

Can't setup verizon aol email on os x

Can't setup verizon aol email on os x

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Waambo
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(2,783 Views)
Follow the directions from aol about choosing AOL from internet Accounts in System Preferences, but when I enter the information I get the error: "Unable to verify account name or password". Has anybody had any luck setting it up via Internet Accounts on OS X?
4 REPLIES 4
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(2,750 Views)

The only one of the three offered options that appears to work is selecting the Phone number. 

Contributor TommyH
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(2,105 Views)

None whatsoever. I can get AOL mail on the AOL website, and on iOS devices. Internet Accounts in System Preferences can't verify it. 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 5
(2,089 Views)

Last I checked the Apple software did not setup VERIZON mail correctly if you Specified AOL   I recommend still using Verizon  setup, which usually works.  Double check pop id is yourusereid@verizon.net and other settings match the settings at

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/email/settings

Contributor sonpit
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(1,758 Views)

I was able to do it a couple times (on my computer and a friends) but since I reinstall OSX, I have been unable to do it again. What I did was  ... created a new mail account using a real AOL email address. I had one but if you don't just create a one. Once I did that, I simply went into the settings and changed everything to my verizon email address. Like I said, I have not been able to repeat what I did before because it won't let me change the username (gray out). It wasn't grayed out last time.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.