Can't setup verizon aol email on os x
Waambo
Enthusiast - Level 3
Follow the directions from aol about choosing AOL from internet Accounts in System Preferences, but when I enter the information I get the error: "Unable to verify account name or password". Has anybody had any luck setting it up via Internet Accounts on OS X?
0 Likes
Re: Can't setup verizon aol email on os x
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only one of the three offered options that appears to work is selecting the Phone number. 

0 Likes
TommyH1

None whatsoever. I can get AOL mail on the AOL website, and on iOS devices. Internet Accounts in System Preferences can't verify it. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last I checked the Apple software did not setup VERIZON mail correctly if you Specified AOL   I recommend still using Verizon  setup, which usually works.  Double check pop id is yourusereid@verizon.net and other settings match the settings at

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/email/settings

0 Likes
sonpit1

I was able to do it a couple times (on my computer and a friends) but since I reinstall OSX, I have been unable to do it again. What I did was  ... created a new mail account using a real AOL email address. I had one but if you don't just create a one. Once I did that, I simply went into the settings and changed everything to my verizon email address. Like I said, I have not been able to repeat what I did before because it won't let me change the username (gray out). It wasn't grayed out last time.

0 Likes