Cannot access Webmai from any Browser
Jeffro
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of this morning, I cannot access Verizon webmail at webmail.verizon.net.  After I type in my username and password, the page tab just keeps switching back and forth between "Insert title here" and "STID Poster" while the banner at the bottom of the page just keeps switching back and forth between "Waiting for www.verizon.net..." and "Waiting for sigin.verizon.net...".  The web page just keeps clicking back and forth between these two states in a constant loop until I close the browser.

Have tried both IE and Firefox, and have tried at least 3 different PCs.  Same result. 

Anyone else experiencing this?  Seems like another problem with their implementation of Single Sign On.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot access Webmail from any Browser
Jeffro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Justin.  I just tried and was able to log in.  I noticed the problem around 7AM EDT today and tried about once an hour until now.  But now the webmail appears to be working again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot access Webmai from any Browser
Justin46
Legend

I guess this is not going to help, but I just logged into webmail using Firefox 3.5.9 and deleted a bunch of that wonderful SPAM stuff. So for me at least here in Texas no problem.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Jeffro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Justin.  I just tried and was able to log in.  I noticed the problem around 7AM EDT today and tried about once an hour until now.  But now the webmail appears to be working again.

0 Likes
kallen626

I am having this problem again tonight- 4:48.  Cannot get in, rebooted, have tried a bunch of times.  I want to know why I switched from Comcast?  These types of email troubles are happening way too often.

0 Likes
rsolomon

to all,

I have had this problem for the past 2 weeks. It happened when they switch over to their new format. I have spoken to verizon many times. they have not fixed the problem however there is a work around.

once you try to log in and it gives you the error. click on "MY VERIZON SERVICES"

Scroll down to where you see email/contacts. click on email. this should allow access to your email. hope this helps. BTW when my contract is up, I'm switching back to comcast.

Ron

0 Likes
siouxincat

I have been having the same problem since 7:00 a.m. today.  I switched to the "new" verizon prior to 7:00 a.m. and that was the end of me being able to view my email.  Up to that point, I had (basically) no sign-in problem.  I called verizon support from work and the "technician" I spoke with didn't know what was going on...he had heard there were many problems going on today at verizon, but my problem wasn't one of them.  He was very nice and courteous, but didn't seem to have much technical knowledge regarding verizon.  Are we going to be compensated for the time our email has been inaccessible?  Or, do we have to go back to Comcast?  This make me crazy.

0 Likes