Cannot access verizon email while overseas
coldhart1

Hello,

I am having trouble connecting to my verizon.net email while traveling around Europe.  Before the trip it worked perfectly fine, but now my phone and iPad no longer sync when connected to WiFi.  I also have trouble accessing my email directly via webmail.verizon.net even though all other websites work just fine.

Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot access verizon email while overseas
NMK2

I had the same problem.  It started after September 17.  Verizon is blocking overseas IP's and is a known reported problem.  Based on my latest conversation with Support, the issue will be resolved by the end of this weekend (if true ...)

The disruption is not only to read your e-mails, but also to access your account, make payments, changes, use Verizon Mobile (ha, ha, ha) etc. 

We talk about globalization but we can only read our e-mails if in USA....:)

FYI - AT&T and other carriers were fine from abroad, however some areas of UPS site has similar issues.

Hope is all going to be resolved, as I have to travel again.

0 Likes
ScottO4

I had the same problem while I was just overseas in the UK.  My mom, who has her internet via DirecTv but kept her verizon.net email, stopped being able to reach her email (pop.verizon.net) on September 17th as well.  I suspect that Verizon blocked a lot more than just overseas IPs.  I hope that they sort this out quickly.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
coldhart1

NMK and ScottO: Thanks for the responses.  It may be a bit odd, but I'm somewhat relieved to hear others are having the same problem.

ElizabethS:  I appreciate your response, but unfortunately neither thread addresses the issue.  The account does not use Yahoo's portal, and I've verified that the login credentials are still valid (my son is able to log in in the US).

0 Likes
fraser6966

Great I wondered why I couldn't access email while using wifi in Aruba

I can get email  using the cellular - but of course that drives up my bill!!

Verizon sell global ready phones and dont let us access email while abroad

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as Verizon selling Global Ready PHones, Verizon Wireless does offer them.  Not that you may like the prices for Verizon service overseas.   I don't think users using Verizon services via their partners are having problems, but they may be.

You can get them to whitelist your overseas locations, but obviously is a pain and may not work if you are travelling around.

0 Likes
adrianf1000

HI,

My advice : call FCC..........

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

The sad thing is that one full month later, there is STILL no information on this available when you go to the Verizon Support page and use their Search Box with "email server not responding" or even (for those who have figured out that the problem here is related to being overseas) serching "overseas email fails". When it happened to me, I wasted hours of my time on an overseas trip trying to get email when all I could see  is "server not responding" (when it had indeed worked just fine in same country in preceding days). No amount of searching Verizon's support pages helped.

I guess Verizon has totally abandoned their Customer Support / Service to all the helpful and knowledgeable people here on the forums. I suppose that's because of the labor rate (like all the folks here work for free and have no health benefits).

Verizon does provide great FiOS internet service, as long as it works; but when it doesn't work, the same dismal support situation results (hours, days, weeks even of working with their support staff to resolve). Email is easier, at least for me, to resolve. So many alternatives with no downside to switching.

0 Likes
Charnana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon respond to our concerns.  I have been unable to download my email for over a month.  One more week is not acceptable.  While serving overseas, I continue to pay for my FIOS to keep my email that I can't access.