Cannot change email password on.verizon/yahoo ..Ugh!
floopjack

I had a verizon/yahoo linked email account.  Now somone compromised  my email account and I cannot change the password. I can only change the password on the verizon side but that does not get reflected on the yahoo mail servers.

I use

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

as my mail servers and it seems I do not have access to change the password on these servers!

Yahoo tells me to go to Verizon and Verizon says its the other way around.

I do not want to cancel my account but this seems un-fixable.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot change email password on.verizon/yahoo ..Ugh!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If the email address that you are trying to change the password for is @yahoo.com, then that will have to go to Yahoo.

If it's @verizon.net, then Verizon support will have to fix it. Even if they do end up having to contact Yahoo support to get your issue resolved, they will have to contact the internal Verizon/Yahoo support that customers don't have access to.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@somegirl wrote:

If the email address that you are trying to change the password for is @yahoo.com, then that will have to go to Yahoo.

If it's @verizon.net, then Verizon support will have to fix it. Even if they do end up having to contact Yahoo support to get your issue resolved, they will have to contact the internal Verizon/Yahoo support that customers don't have access to.

@^ This. Verizon has to fix it if you have an @verizon.net account through them. Yahoo! Customer Care won't sort out issues with bundled accounts as ISPs can customize at will what those accounts can be used for. The "My Verizon" login you have should allow the e-mail password to be changed, but if that failed you'll need Verizon to contact Yahoo! on your behalf to get that sorted again.

larryb5959
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem and Verizon tech support has not been any help. Called them last Friday and spent an hour on the phone then had to leave. Was told they would call me back at 4:00pm but they never did. I called them Monday and started the whole process over because they had no record of the call Friday. When the issue could not be fixed a problem ticket was issued an I was told I would hear from them in 24 to 48 hours. Today I had a voice mail from them so I called the and referenced the ticket number they gave me. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone, mostly on hold while the person I was "speaking to" checked the records, only to be told they had not found a solution. It seemed like they kept putting me on hold and coming back hopping to find that I had given up and hung up. The only thing they said is that the problem seems to be with the portal but that does not help the fact that my email has been comprised multiple times in the last month.

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
deggdc

I am having the same problem -- hacked email, cannot change my email password, when I attempt to change the email password I am sent to MyVerizon to change my account password.   I was on the phone twice yesterday with Verizon and they (still!!) had no idea how to address the problem!  I was told that my case was being referred and I should get a call.  Verizon, please ensure that I do get a call back from someone who can address this problem ASAP.

0 Likes
Rh555

I'm having the exact same problem as the threads above: Can't change my Verizon Yahoo email password through my Verizon account page. This is extremely frustrating and I can't believe Verizon hasn't responded to this major security issue. Has anyone figured out a fix?

0 Likes
orlcam2002

This is the most frustrating endeavor that I've ever had to deal with.  I can't believe there is no dam way to change this.  Why even give the option to link to yahoo if there is no plan to support it? totally irresponsible.   And every freaking time you try to change your password if takes you to verizon!!!! **bleep**??? I want to change my Yahoo password.  If  wanted to change my verizon password, I'd sign on to verizon not yahoo.  

0 Likes
Helpneeded4
When I click on change my password under my verizon yahoo account, the screen goes blank. I need to change my email password ASAP! I can change my verizon password. I am sick of finding instructions for that. I want to change my verzon yahoo password.
0 Likes
bpetersjr

I am having same problem. If you get an answer please let me know. I dont understand why this is so difficult to fix ?

0 Likes