Cannot get email from Verizon servers thru Time Warner ISP
elfmanca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having trouble accessing verizon.net mail servers through Time Warner cable. I've had my verizon email accounts for

many years. Understand that many others are having the same issue. Please help.

0 Likes
Can't connect to Verizon's POP and SMTP servers using Time Warner network
elfmanca
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have being trying to connect to my Verizon email account using Outlook while connected to Time Warner's network

without success. I understand that there are other Verizon users experiencing the same problem. According to some

posts on the Verizon forum, the problem appears to be my IP address is being restricted by the mail servers. I spent

several hours on the phone with Verizon Online tech support with no avail. Their solution that they suggested to me

was to use Time Warner's email server names in the Outlook settings and Verizon email would work. That didn't make any sense to me. They also told me that if I was able to access my emails using Verizon's webmail servers that I was not being restricted. As I mentioned to the tech, webmail uses verizon.com servers where Outlook uses verizon.net servers and behave differently. I don't understand why tech support is not up on this issue with so many users complaining about it. It appeared that they are aware of the issue but don't know what to do to resolve it.  I need to find the right tech group that can finally fix the issue for me. I don't want to be using webmail forever.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to Verizon's POP and SMTP servers using Time Warner network
seabeeadp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you using the standard SMTP and POP3 ports, or going to the secured ones?

I have ATT for ISP as Verizon isn't where I am, I had to use what is below.

If you can't see them well,  POP is 995,  SMTP  465 and Encrypted SSL is used.   These are set up  through ATT, but am using the same on my Verizon cell phone as well when I have "hot spots"  Verizon requires a secure connection.

Hope the helps!image

0 Likes
elfmanca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the secure connection settings as required by Verizon. Can't connect from my Verizon tablet or Verizon cell phone as well.  ATT IP's are probably not being restricted.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What are the settings you are currently using?

0 Likes
elfmanca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Incoming server: pop.verizon.net; port 995; SSL enabled.

Outgoing server: smtp.verizon.net; port 465; SSL enabled.

My SMTP server requires Authentication: checked

Outgoing server login same as Incoming server

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get email from Verizon servers thru Time Warner ISP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi elfmanca,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.