Cannot reply to or compose new e-mails messages.
SternFan101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently had to rebiuld my computer due to virus and everyhting was wiped out.  I am using Windows XP.  For some reason I cannot ly to a message set to me nor can I compose a new message from scratch.  All other websites work fine and I wa susing the same XP for the past 2 years I have been using Verizon DSL.  I have the latest IE 8 installed and am running Java and Flash.

Overseas tech support told me to reset my internet settings and that doesn't fix it.  They then told me that my browser is bad.  How can it be when I am using the updated one?

This address is for my freelance work and I cannot be down like this much longer.  Any help wpould be appreciated.

Re: Cannot reply to or compose new e-mails messages.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting an error? What happens when you try to compose/reply?

0 Likes
SternFan101
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no error.  Everything locks up.  I tried using the account on another computer and it works fine.  What plug-ins are required for it to work?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SternFan101 wrote:

I recently had to rebiuld my computer due to virus and everyhting was wiped out.

By that, you mean you formated the hard drive?

@SternFan101 wrote:

There is no error.  Everything locks up.  I tried using the account on another computer and it works fine.  What plug-ins are required for it to work?

I would think that one of them is Flash.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@SternFan101 wrote:

Overseas tech support told me to reset my internet settings and that doesn't fix it.  They then told me that my browser is bad.  How can it be when I am using the updated one?

IE is not the most stable of browsers to begin with. Have you considered perhaps installing another browser? Firefox and Chrome are both good options, but there are many available.

0 Likes