Switch Account

Cannot retrieve yahoo emails on thunderbird

Cannot retrieve yahoo emails on thunderbird

Contributor aindriu
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(519 Views)

Hi,

Thunderbird was working just fine yesterday and retrieved my yahoo emails but today it has not been working. I didn't change any settings over night but now I have tried everything and I cannot get emails.

It says its sending my details but I then get a message asking for the password. I entered the correct password but I either get a timed out message ( Login to or it asks me to enter the password again.

Some things I have checked :

I dont have Two-step verification enabled

I have tried another computer and setting up a new account to go to Yahoo but get a Configuration could not be verified - is the username or password wrong?

I used the settings Thunderbird set up by default and also used https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3773.html but no luck

My mobile phone (android with outlook app) works fine with yahoo and so to does the www and browser but I don't know why thunderbird isnt?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.