Cannot send email after signing up with AOL
MarkTx

I cannot send email from Thunderbird with my Verizon account after I signed up with AOL. I keep getting an error saying that 'Failed to log-in' when I try to send. I can receive email without any issue.

Sending email worked fine before I signed up with AOL. I didn't make any changes on email settings with Thunderbird.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send email after signing up with AOL
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you signin to AOL?  You need in particular to verify password matches, as you may have changed it (the recommended you change it).  Also look for a AOL message that asked you to verify your new account.  Perhaps it doesn't work until you do that verify.

0 Likes
MarkTx

Yes, I can log-in to AOL mail. I can see my email and account settings at mail.aol.com.

I tried smtp.verizon.net and smtp.aol.com. Neither of them didn't work.

0 Likes
MarkTx

I changed user name for smtp.verizon.net to one's with AOL (full verizon email address), and it worked. The pop server can still be accessed with my old verizon user ID, so it's a little confusing.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it has to be the full name.  Obviously without that check there can be duplicate user names on AOL.  They should have made that clearer.  I had hit some condition earlier last year for some reason, so I had already changed to use the fully qualified name.

0 Likes