Cannot send mail with Outlook 2010
rwglaub

I can't send email with Outlook 2010. I can receive fine. I have a Verizon account, and my settings are those recommended. When I try to send email I eventually get a time out. I have called the Verizon techs any number of times and after working with them fruitlessly I was told to call Microsoft. Microsoft can't find the problem and said that it must be a problem that Verizon refuses to acknowledge.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send mail with Outlook 2010
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@rwglaub wrote:

I can't send email with Outlook 2010. I can receive fine. I have a Verizon account, and my settings are those recommended ...

I'm using MS Outlook 2010 in Win 8, Win 7, and XP.  I''m using the latest settings specified by Verizon.  Everything works perfectly, and has done so since since I made the changes a month or more ago.

Unless you post your specific settings, exactly as they are entered into your Outlook program, there is no way that any of the volunteers here can provide useful suggestions.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@rwglaub wrote:

I can't send email with Outlook 2010. I can receive fine. I have a Verizon account, and my settings are those recommended. When I try to send email I eventually get a time out. I have called the Verizon techs any number of times and after working with them fruitlessly I was told to call Microsoft. Microsoft can't find the problem and said that it must be a problem that Verizon refuses to acknowledge.

Usually an SMTP timeout when the SMTP servers are configured correctly and definitely working point to a scan being run by your security software. I would look within your security software for any kind of outgoing email scan.

0 Likes
rwglaub

My security software, AVG, is set to not scan outgoing email. What may be related is that I cannot click on links within emails. I get a message that I have to go my administrator. Which is me. I don't know enough about Windows 7 to figure out a solution.

0 Likes