Changed to new settings now getting old emails back?
Maxluv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I rec'd 3 emails about changing my setting (I'm using Windows Live Mail), then today they called so i finally changed it..so now i am getting looks like every email that i have ever received back into my inbox, i delete them and they come back over and over, i had over 1500 emails i deleted and now its almost back to that again.  Will this stop once they all come back? or is there something that i need to do to stop it?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed to new settings now getting old emails back?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Maxluv wrote:

Hmm not sure...i see someone else asked the same question and was told it was for real...i just got another 2000 emails back and i deleted them and so far nothing else coming in..if it doesnt stop i'll change it back. THanks for your reply.

Not sure why you are getting old email back.  Probably your device/pc thinks its a new account.

DON"T CHANGE IT BACK.  They are activily shuttdown accounts on the old servers and retiring them.  If they haven't already gotten to yours they will eventually.

View solution in original post

Polyphony

We got the same message and robocall and decided they were phishing so we have ignored them.

0 Likes
Maxluv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hmm not sure...i see someone else asked the same question and was told it was for real...i just got another 2000 emails back and i deleted them and so far nothing else coming in..if it doesnt stop i'll change it back. THanks for your reply.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Maxluv wrote:

Not sure why you are getting old email back.  Probably your device/pc thinks its a new account.

DON"T CHANGE IT BACK.  They are activily shuttdown accounts on the old servers and retiring them.  If they haven't already gotten to yours they will eventually.

Maxluv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks...just turned on my computer for today and only got new emails, so must have been some glitch.

0 Likes