Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Changes to Verizon email servers and Non-SSL capable email clients

blottje
Contributor
Contributor

Changes to Verizon email servers and Non-SSL capable email clients

Message 1 of 3
(812 Views)

Need to change over my pop/smtp settings to the new settings as per Verizon notification.  I have quite a few non-SSL capable email clients.  Does Verizon provide a non-SSL email server on port other than 25 I can use ?

2 REPLIES 2
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Changes to Verizon email servers and Non-SSL capable email clients

Message 2 of 3
(738 Views)

@blottje wrote:

Need to change over my pop/smtp settings to the new settings as per Verizon notification.  I have quite a few non-SSL capable email clients.  Does Verizon provide a non-SSL email server on port other than 25 I can use ?

Not once they turn off the old incoming/outgoing servers. (Supposedly coming in September.)

What email clients are you using that don't allow for SSL???

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
blottje
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Changes to Verizon email servers and Non-SSL capable email clients

Message 3 of 3
(690 Views)

Thanks for response.  If so, will have to retool to use a different email provider for variety of things like Home Control software (Home Seer), Webcams, Temp/Humidity monitor (CAI Webcontrol), Older NAS, etc.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title