Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Changing Primary User ID

WilliamIII
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Changing Primary User ID

Message 1 of 1
(1,279 Views)

So my girlfriend just got FIOS a few months ago.  When the tech set her up she checked to see if her old Verizon SMTP address was available; it was. She starts using this only to be told a week later that she cannot use that.  It was a sub-account on a primary account that was closed after she divorced over a year ago.   If the account was closed, don't know why it was a problem, but anyway....  She was told to choose a new username. She mistakenly added an @ sign to the end of it.  So her logon is Username@   The system left it with that.   Her primary e-mail address is Username1@verizon.net 

When she tries to use various verizon apps and e-mail, it sometimes sees the conflict between the 2.  It always assumes that the logon is going to be the same as the e-mail address.  I've seen a couple of apps that will show username@@verizon.net as the e-mail address.  I have talked to online chat and asked repeatedly to be connected to Tier 2 support.  I keep getting told "She cannot change her primary user ID once it has been established"  I know this to be untrue as I experienced a similar situation when I used my old DSL SMTP address and there was a disconnect between my FIOS account and this address.  Eventually I was able to reach the right technician to correct this issue.

How can I talk to someone who can correct this?

The desired result is to have her SMTP address and verizon UserID be the same.

Thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.