Switch Account

Comcast email & Verizon email?

Comcast email & Verizon email?

Highlighted
Contributor Cindylz73
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(2,894 Views)

I just left comcast and came back to direct tv & verizon.  I just got done setting up my email in outlook express. Actually, I didn't even have to do anything except sign in, which was GREAT!! It is also bringing in my comcast email. It bringing in comcast email is GREAT, that means I don't have to go and update my email address everywhere! What I am getting at is will it always bring in my comcast email?? Or is this for just a little while? Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(2,884 Views)

@Cindylz73 wrote:

I just left comcast and came back to direct tv & verizon.  I just got done setting up my email in outlook express. Actually, I didn't even have to do anything except sign in, which was GREAT!! It is also bringing in my comcast email. It bringing in comcast email is GREAT, that means I don't have to go and update my email address everywhere! What I am getting at is will it always bring in my comcast email?? Or is this for just a little while? Thanks!!

Not familiar with Comcast, but I would expect that if you left them at some point your Comcast email account would be closed.  When that happens Comcast email will disappear.  I reccommend that you update your email address for any mail you want to keep getting. 

Personal opinion:  I do not use ISP email for anything important.  I have used Hotmail for years and over several ISPs that address has stayed constant.  I use Verizon for Verizon email only, though it is forwarded to Hotmail automatically.  I also use a third account for junk mail. Such as when a site wants an email address, but I don't want to receive mail from them.

Copper Contributor mrgooch
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(2,778 Views)

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 4 of 5
(2,761 Views)

@mrgooch wrote:

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Look here (where you asked the same question):

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Keeping-my-Email-address-from-Comcast/m-p/590005#M128...

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 5 of 5
(2,749 Views)

You might get better information if you asked Comcast/Comcast users about this. It's up to Comcast whether or not they disable your email account; Verizon has no control over it.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.