Complaint!! How to keep email address after canceling Service
Carter031
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello!

I am living a nightmare!!  Verizon is absolutely ridiculous.

I have spent the last two nights on the phone with Verizon trying to get someone to help.  

I cancelled me Verizon service 2 days ago due to moving out of the Verizon service area.  I was told that there is a way that I could keep my Verizon  email address.  After an hour last night of being mostly on hold, I was given a phone number to call that was supposed to be web support and was told that they could assist me.  By the time I got this number, they were closed for the night.  I called the number tonight and was told that I was given the wrong number.  This is were the nightmare really begins.  I have been on the phone with Verizon for the past hour and a half, again mostly on hold.  I have been given 6 different numbers and not one of them has been the correct department.  

At one point I even asked to speak to a Manager.  I was put on hold and after 5 or so minutes, because no one had picked up, I hung up.

I just tried the last number they gave me and after being on hold for 15 minutes someone finally answered.  He said that since my service was cancelled, I lost my email address also.  I told him that whoever I spoke with when canceling told me that I have about a week to get this new service set up that would allow me to keep my .net email.  I asked to speak to a manager so now I am on hold.  It has been about 5 minutes and still no manager.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

I am done with Verizon.  I will be canceling my wireless service this weekend. 

Thank You!

Melissa

Re: Complaint!! How to keep email address after canceling Service
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I make a suggestion ? Use Gmail or Yahoo mail etc., and never use the ISP email for this very reason. I have never heard of being able to keep an email address after terminating service. Even if the promise was legit, what you experienced was more than likely to happen. Good luck getting your email address back, I'm sure this is very frustrating !!

-Ken