Configuring e-mail to Outlook 2013
Steelerfan5892

I installed Office 2013  and Outlook is unable to configure to my verizon e-mail account. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct it? Thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Configuring e-mail to Outlook 2013
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it giving you any specific erorr, such as it is unable to send an outbound test e-mail? If you're getting that error make sure you're not using Port 25 for SMTP as Verizon blocks that.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try these settings www.verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
itsnotjustme

I just installed Office 2013, and am haivng similar trouble with Outlook.   It completes the logon to the POP3 server step, but fails on the test e-mail.

I have matched the incoming and outgoing servier names, and changed the outgoing SMTP port to 465.

The password I am using is the one I use to login to my webmail through verizon.net.

What else must I do?

It would be nice if MS could figure this out for such a major service provider as Verizon.

0 Likes
rxsurf2

In the advanced settings tabs, you need to have the drop-down for "Use the following type of encrypted connection:" set to "SSL"

This is what worked for me.  Hope it helps.

0 Likes
brymizar

can anyone who has an email at verizon make another?

0 Likes
PaiJr

I have attempted to set-up outlook 2013 just as the suggestions in this blog. The logging into the server works, however the send message continues to fail after changing the port numbers and selecting the SSL option in the advance settings. Anything I might have missed?

0 Likes
jackpettine

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and loaded Office 2013 on it.  However, I cannot establish a connection with my verizon email account because Verizon uses a POP3 Mail Server for incoming mail and my new setup only recognizes IMAP.  Are you kidding me?  Anyone figured out how to deal with this?

0 Likes
Rich_in_NJ

POP3 is old techhnology garbage. I worked with Verizon Tech Support several weeks ago re. Outlook 2013 and Verizon e-mail, and eventually I was told it was a Verizon problem.  They had not been able to get their old POP e-mail working properly with Outlook 2013.  In my case, incoming worked, but outgoing did not.  Since I also had an e-mail acct with Microsoft, I told all my contacts to use that address instead and I am so glad I did.  All the e-mails and contacts automatically sync with each device.  If I am away and use a public computer to delete junk e-mails, they appear gone to me on all my devices, but remain on the server if I ever want to get them back.  Likewise, with a new computer, I just allowed Outlook 2013 to sync with Outlook.com and all my contacts and prior e-mails appeared on my computer.  Why Verizon never updated their e-mail to something of at least 2005 technology is amazing to me.  So, just dump that Verizon e-mail address and get one like xxxxx@outlook.com.  It's great.

0 Likes
jgooch01

For your incoming server type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net. For the outgoing server type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net and follow this link  for the other settings. It worked for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758902

0 Likes