Copy and paste
fredo333
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I find a interesting article on the web how do I send to a friend in my address book  an e-mail?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Copy and paste
fredo333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You

I did copy and paste and it worked well

I just switched to Verizon e-mail and am in the learning ,process I have been using Hotmail which is a little different

Thanks again

fredo333

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

the quickest way is to just send them the link.

that is, look at the top of your browser and you'll see some text that starts off at http://forums.verizon.com as an example (its this place). all the text is an address of the stuff you're reading.

to send to a friend, just create a new email in whatever program you're using, left button mouse click on that line at the top so the whole line is now highlighted, use the right mouse button and click again and you'll get small window menu to open up and one of the items is copy...select it and the menu will disappear.

now go to the email you've got open to your friend, put the cursor somewhere in the text/body section of the email and do a right button mouse click again. you'll get a pop up window/menu again and select paste...it'll put that copied line in to your email.

just send it to them and then they can just click on it and go read whatever it is you wanted to send them.

note this isn't foolproof...i.e., some mail programs will block links in email or do other other stuff to it...but it's always a good first try to get them what you want to send them.

0 Likes
fredo333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You

I did copy and paste and it worked well

I just switched to Verizon e-mail and am in the learning ,process I have been using Hotmail which is a little different

Thanks again

fredo333

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

you're quite welcome...glad it worked out...holler if you have anything else.

0 Likes
elliemae2

I read your instructions regarding how to cut and paste a web page to your e-mail recipient. This had worked for me but since my computer decided to upgrade me from IE8 to IE9, it doesn't work. I contacted MSN about it and they told me that it was a Verizon problem.  Would you happen to know what I need to do to be able to "cut and paste" to e-mail.  I've been using Windows Live Mail instead but I would rather use one mail service. Thank you. I am not too computer savvy, so if you have a solution, please "spell it out for me"

0 Likes