Corrupted email in Outlook that will not go away or respond
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi!  Does anyone know how to get rid of a an email message that when clicked on freezes the screen and makes you have to shut down the computer and start it up again?  I have contacted Verizon, Norton, and Outlook Express and not one of them was able to figure it out.  The last contact I had with Verizon, the person got mad and said this wasn't Verizon's fault and he couldn't fix it and then disconnected.  Maybe it's time to get rid of Verizon.  Unless someone can help of course.

Anyone?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Corrupted email in Outlook that will not go away or respond
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not the reply I was looking for.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Does the same message appear in webmail?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If an Outlook Express message is corrupted, it almost usually means you have to rebuild the Outlook Express profile as the program tends to have database issues whenever the Mail file reaches a certain size. Now if an e-mail is stuck and corrupt, that's another issue that may or may not be size related. If you really don't want to go through the process of rebuilding a profile, you could try running programs that repair Outlook Express data files (many of them are not free anymore), or you could try moving the corrupted message into a folder and deleting the folder itself (which will kill the message).

Anyways, if the message is not in Webmail and Outlook Express is set up to use POP3 to retrieve mail, it's not Verizon's problem. It's a Microsoft problem.

Williamsmith1

Hi,

It is possible that Outlook Express got corrupt. I request you to locate your outlook Express DBX file. There are high chances that Dbx file got corrupt and Outlook expresss is showing such behaviour. You can recover outlook DBX fille with the help of third party outlook express recoveryoutlook express recovery tool. In case your problem not get resolved then please reply.

Thanks

William Smith

0 Likes
cmurphy36
Repair corrupted outlook email due to following software supporting .pst files of more than 2GB http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_outlook.html
0 Likes