Customer Service Hung the Phone Up on Me
Tristan27

Verizon's tech dept is a sorry mess. Since the beginning of 2013, I've tried to create a new sub-account, which was the  simplest thing to do before they had their site redesigned with all the fancy but unstable javascript.  I was able to add one during the first week of January but I forgot to check the "allow email access" box. The Edit function wouldn't let me modify that aspect of the sub-account so I had to delete it and start over.  Since then, for over 2 weeks and over 20 times I've tried to add a new sub-account using FF, Chrome, IE, Safari, on both Mac and Windows platforms without success. After I hit the Save button, the red balls just spin endlessly, for 15 minutes at one try.  Face it, in less than a minute, if the server doesn't respond, nothing is going to happen.  

I called tech support and the 1st time I did so, the "technician" wanted to patch in to my system, I refused.  I know how to set up a sub-account as I told the "technican" the procedure, so what's the point of invading my privacy. I don't need him handholding me where to go, which link to click!  He refused to create a ticket to document the problem.  HE REFUSED! 

On the 22nd, I called again, this time the person acknowledged that he has received many calls recently about the same problem.  So he told me he would bring it up to another department and someone would call me back.  Now, I thought he meant someone would call me back when the problem was fixed but I misunderstood.  Instead, another script reading "technician" called me on the 23rd at dinner time, around 7:30pm.  First, she had all the facts wrong, she said I already had 2 sub-accounts, so their system must be working and she would want to patch into my system to "help" me fix the existing sub-account I've troubled with.  So, I had to explained to her from the beginning that the current sub-accounts I have were created a year or more ago.  Those are not the problems.  She just kept reading her "script" while I was talking and explaining to her the situation.  It's like she was totally lost when I didn't follow her script!  I had to repeat my explanation becuase she kept insisting she needed to look at my screen.  Finally, duirng my refusal and explanation, she HUNG UP on me. 

Way to go Verizon, hang up on your customer.  First-class operation here. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Hung the Phone Up on Me
miguelq2183
Enthusiast - Level 2

THATS NOT A SURPRISE, THEY ALWAYS DO IT OR THEY SEND YOU TO A AUTOMATIC ANSWER MACHINE OR MORE HUMILLIATE THEY SAY "  i DONT UNDERSTAND YOU I WILL FIND A PERSON WHO SPEAKS SPANISH"

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Tristan27

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
tonitiger
I had a supervisor hang up and me and yell at me over the phone for me repeating the question and him not answering the question. He then blamed the technician for the charge I received on my bill for installation which I was told I would not receive at all. He also said my charge was valid and irreversible even though I was an aware or notified of the charge until it was on the bill and too late...
0 Likes
grannysondra

The day after I went to Verizon for bundle services, I was trying to find out if I was connected to verizon.  The persons that installed phone service never said if it was all completed and I was having some problems.

I called customer service, and was told to call my old provider.Then the person got a very rude attitude and HUNG UP ON ME!!!  I have never had any contact with a customer service department that behaved in this manner.  Verizon should screen their customer service personal better...and these calls are recorded, they need to fire those who behave inappropriately.

Having rude, obnoxious, behavior toward customers is no way to keep them.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discus, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes