Dear Verizon
steveb625

Thank you for screwing up what should be a simple email account. I understand the need for security but if you just wanted everone to stop using this email server you should have shut it off.

The settings suggested don't work or you guys just muffed the whole deal and its busted on your end. Thanks a bunch...

0 Likes
Re: Dear Verizon
Justin46
Legend

@steveb625 wrote:

Thank you for screwing up what should be a simple email account. I understand the need for security but if you just wanted everone to stop using this email server you should have shut it off.

The settings suggested don't work or you guys just muffed the whole deal and its busted on your end. Thanks a bunch...

The secure settings, ports and SSL, work for me with Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird, I have been using them successfully for months, so I think you have made a mistake somewhere. What settings did you change from/to (be specific, don't just point to the web page with the info, tell us exactly what your settings were/are, and be sure to tell us what email client you are using)?

Using SSL is a much better protocol than what Verizon was using previously, and most other email systems have been using it for quite a while. While you may not care about email security, many people do, and this is a big step forward, although very late in coming.

Keller, TX 76248