Deleting multiple emails from webmail fails
rcboater
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening to me a lot lately.....

Sign in to webmail.   Screen is set ot display 25 messages at a time.  Select multiple messages (click the checkbox on the left), then hit the delete button.   Get the pop up message  "deleting 11 of 11 messages" for a second or so, followed by a flash of "successful", followed by the instantaneous closing of the pop up, taking me back to the inbox screen.

Problem is none of the messages were deleted-- they are all still there in the inbox.  Sometimes it takes 2 or three attempts to delete them before they finally disappear.  Sometimes,  they still won't delete-- the only way to delete them is to manually open each one and then hit the delete button.

Sometimes picking only a couple of emails at a time will improve the odds they will actually delete on the first attmempt..

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm on IE 8, WIndows XP.   Problem happens pretty much any time-- at work on a high speed wired connection, or at home on my FIOS wireless. 

Gotta say. that Verizon's webmail client blows-- the basic functionality is just awkward.  I switched to verizon several years ago, form Earthlink DSL-- their webmail client was so much better.  

Re: Deleting multiple emails from webmail fails
rcboater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  I get the same results when using FIrefox 7.0.1.

0 Likes
rcboater
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:   I now find that when the attempt to delete selected messages "fails",  it actually deletes the same number of other messages from my inbox-- apparently selected at random!

Good grief! 

Now I've taken to manually emptying the trash after every successful delete, so that I can easily peruse it after a delete attemtp fails.  Twice this mornign already I've found messaes I was intending to keep in the trash!!

Is anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
derf4

Yes, same experience! Called useless Verizon support and was told that they were having a problem with email server and started to tell me how to change settings, etc. But I asked if it was being fixed and then I would have to change everything back and they said yes. So I didn't bother. I also noticed a lot of missing mail from my inbox (one loses me some money! won't do that again!) and they said it must have been my fault becauce that doesn't happen. Now I download my messages at home periodically because I see how much I can trust them. Worst excuse for support I've ever seen.

0 Likes
Lisagailsmiles

No idea about fixing this? I am having this problem as well. Running Firefox 9.

Does anyone know how to go back to the 'non-enhanced' webmail, instead of 'Message Center'?

0 Likes
rxprime

I've also been experiencing the same problem, but it gets worse.   I've found that previous emails that have not been checked of to be deleted are being deleted from my in box.  So now I find that I have to check my trash bin every few minutes so as not to delete items that I want to keep. 

0 Likes