Disappearing Emails
SteveY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email account works fine.  My wife's account loses emails that are sent from other Verizon.net emailers including me!!!  We are on the same router and computer.

If someone sends an email from an email address other than Verizon.net she gets it fine.

If someone with a Verizon.net address sends one it just disappears without either the sender or my wife getting an error message.

I did find something on a problem a few years back where Verizon had a blacklist of routers to prevent spammers from spamming within the Verizon community but obviously we are on the same router so I can't see how this would cause her problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disappearing Emails
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Check her blocked senders list. She probably at some point set it to block verizon.net, and it's just deleting the messages. If there's nothing in there, check the filters. If there's still nothing, post back and I'll try again. 😉

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Check her blocked senders list. She probably at some point set it to block verizon.net, and it's just deleting the messages. If there's nothing in there, check the filters. If there's still nothing, post back and I'll try again. 😉

SteveY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well low and behold she did have blocked emails for verizon.net.  

I did check that last month and there were no blocked sites.  I use blocked sites under my profile and 

know how they work.

What is weird is that she doesn't even know how to block emails.  And there were other email addresses 

blocked in addition to verizon.net.  

How they got there is anyones guess.  It almost looks like verizon determined some emails to be spam

and added the blocked sites.

This really strange.  I will check again in a few weeks to see if any new ones get added.

Thanks for making me recheck the blocked sites.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I can't seem to find it in the new version, but I know there used to be an option to "block messages from this sender" that was in a fairly easy-to-mistakenly-click place. It's possible that's what happened.