Disgusted with Verizon
TedCrunch1

I wish I knew what the heck Verizon so-called "Engineers" are doing with the e-mail I can't send even a simple two-line e-mail that has no attachments. No spam whatsoever. A message pops up to tell me to contact verizon's spamfaq, but I can't even get into it. I can't send messages from my Thunderbird program or from the Verizon's web-based e-mail. Yet I get tons of spam e-mails dumped on me every day. Verizon lets spam fill my inboxes while preventing me from sending simple messages. And this isn't the first time it's happened. On top of all this they make it just about impossible to contact them. Are you paying any attention to this, Verizon? You charge me big money every month and you screw things up! I hate calling on the phone and being tied up for ages, pressing this button and that button. For the money we pay, we expect better service than what you are providing! You make your customers angry and frustrated. You need to fire the engineer who screwed this up and hire somebody who knows what they are doing!

0 Likes
Re: Disgusted with Verizon
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you haven't already, you should go read everything on the Spam FAQ page.

When you say you can't "get into it" what exactly are you trying to get into? What error are you getting?

You will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

blondieco

I have spent way too much time of this ridiculous problem today. I am a grandma who emails her children daily. Verizon has SUDDENLY decided that the content of my email is not suited to their approval!!!!! There are no files, no photos, no nothing is my email, other than two paragraphs about astrology, written by me to my children!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO VERIZON...

my contract is up shortly, I am considering Comcast right now.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS and according to the agent that I spoke with, a problem that should have been SOLVED AND HANDLED long long ago>

Bad business, bad customer support, ends in LOSING BUSINESS!!!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Blondieco,

You mention speaking to an agent.  Was this Verizon Support that you spoke with, and was your issue able to be resolved, or are you still experiencing the issue?

0 Likes
Comet2011L4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello blondieco,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It appears that your email has been detected as spam through Verizon's spam technology. Perhaps you would have a better chance of sending that email if you were to attach the astrology information as a word document. Use the attach tool when you are composing your email and attach word documents containing long lengthy astrology information.

0 Likes
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem. Even message sent to "spamdetector.update@verizon.net"  sits in mine outbox and doesn't go anywere.

Called  verizon, spent an hour on a phone with customer support, what a waste of a time. Useless. Going to switch to yahoo or google mail.  

0 Likes