Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

Does verizon.net email connect to Outlook 2010?

Contributor
Device: Fios

Does verizon.net email connect to Outlook 2010?

Message 1 of 4 (6,532 Views)

I just upgraded my Microsoft Office to Professional 2010 and I've been trying to get Outlook 2010 to connect with my Verizon email and it just won't work. I followed all the instructions (incoming: incoming.verizon.net, etc) and it still won't work. Is it because verizon.net email isn't compatible with Outlook 2010 yet? Is anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?

3 REPLIES
Contributor
Device: Fios

Re: Does verizon.net email connect to Outlook 2010?

Message 2 of 4 (6,522 Views)

This is what I get:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed

Gold Contributor III
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25

Message 3 of 4 (6,500 Views)

britAnn914 wrote:

This is what I get:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed

Is there a place in the server settings that says something like my provider requires authorization?  If so I suspect you need to say yes and to use your login credentials.  Not sure as I don't have Outlook 2010, but my older Outlook Express needed that to work properly.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor VI

Message 4 of 4 (6,481 Views)

Keyboards wrote:

britAnn914 wrote:

This is what I get:

Is there a place in the server settings that says something like my provider requires authorization?  If so I suspect you need to say yes and to use your login credentials.  Not sure as I don't have Outlook 2010, but my older Outlook Express needed that to work properly.

+1 on this being the most likely problem. You should also check to make sure you are using the correct username/password by logging into verizon.net with them.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios