Does verizon.net email connect to Outlook 2010?
britAnn914

I just upgraded my Microsoft Office to Professional 2010 and I've been trying to get Outlook 2010 to connect with my Verizon email and it just won't work. I followed all the instructions (incoming: incoming.verizon.net, etc) and it still won't work. Is it because verizon.net email isn't compatible with Outlook 2010 yet? Is anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Does verizon.net email connect to Outlook 2010?
britAnn914

This is what I get:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@britAnn914 wrote:

This is what I get:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed

Is there a place in the server settings that says something like my provider requires authorization?  If so I suspect you need to say yes and to use your login credentials.  Not sure as I don't have Outlook 2010, but my older Outlook Express needed that to work properly.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Keyboards wrote:

@britAnn914 wrote:

This is what I get:

Is there a place in the server settings that says something like my provider requires authorization?  If so I suspect you need to say yes and to use your login credentials.  Not sure as I don't have Outlook 2010, but my older Outlook Express needed that to work properly.

+1 on this being the most likely problem. You should also check to make sure you are using the correct username/password by logging into verizon.net with them.