REM6

I have 2 users on an iMac. The Os is Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8, Apple Mail) We had no problems when we used Eudora but need to move to a newer OS so we changed.

I have no trouble sending e-mail from the primary user but can't send from the secondary user.

we don't use verizon mail because we have our own domains and use godaddy as our host.

verizion help has been of little help and when I aske to be raised to a higher level I wa told I would get a call that was 2 days ago.

anybody have any suggestions

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It would seem that you need to contact Apple support not Verizon support since you are not using Verizon email.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I agree that Apple support might be able to more easily identify the problem.  However, while I'm not really a Mac kind of guy, given the symptoms the OP described, I would compare the settings for each of the two users' email accounts and see if any difference jump out.

I'd particularly look at ports being used, servers being used, user name and password entered, etc.

If any of those are different, changing the second user's setting to those in use by the first user may fix the problem.

0 Likes
REM6

I don't think that it is an Apple mail problem because I have the same settings on the primary account as the secondary account but the secondary can't access verizions SMTP.

0 Likes
REM6

read the reply to the first answer.

Also all the ports are  correct their is something that needs to be done to allow access to verizions SMTP.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are using Verizon's SMTP servers, then your settings should look something like this:

Outgoing Server: smtp.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes 

Username: [username]
Password: [password]
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 465

If you are given the option anywhere for Secure Password Authentication (SPA), set it to No or Normal

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server name would be outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Does the second account work using webmail? https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?auth=t