email not connecting
NancyJean1

Email would not connect for several hours.  Then it connected ONLY there were NO emails in my history or folders.  It missed sending me several emails that people said they had sent.  It looked like I was a totally new customer.  I have not gotten any answers as to what happened and why.  Anyone have the same trouble?  Anyway to get back history emails?

0 Likes
Re: email not connecting
cartss

I have had the same problem.  Anyone have any ideas

0 Likes
email
jmacsr

I just opened up my email and all my emails are gone and so are all my folders how do i get them back

0 Likes
Email folders missing following email snafu today
Johncw3

I am now abale to access my email sub-account following today's snafu by Verizon, however all of my folders are missing.  Has this happened to anyone else??  I had a number of very important emails in there and now they appear to be lost.  I could not find any help related to recovering these folders and the live chat is also not available.  They must be hiding in their foxholes to avoid the grenades being tossed their way.

0 Likes
Re: Email folders missing following email snafu today
lesliemcc

I am having same problem!  I need to know when these will be restored....if they will be.

If anyone finds answers, please post them...or if there is a number to call....I need to get this fixed ASAP...

Thanks.

0 Likes
Johncw3

There is a number for support (supposedly) at 1-800-verizon but good luck in getting a person.  I tried live chat and it just shutdown on me.  I have not seen any emails or info about the missing folders from verizon technical.  I have a 'bad feeling' about this.

0 Likes
Jarm1941

Here too.  Can now access my email, but inbox is empty.  I did have 4 or 5 emails (read) that are now gone.

0 Likes
Re: E mail messages missing
GinaDA

All of my emails are gone. My contacts are gone and my saved folder is gone. I can access my email now and have a new email message. Online support says my messages should be back in 12 hours-- that was at 3PM. I have no confidence in Verizon. How could this happen?

0 Likes
Re: email???
natesmom

I had the same problem today (9/12/13).  Could not get into webmail (system issue, not me having the correct login and password.  Now that I can access my web mail, all my messages in my inbox are gone.  Can someone from Verizon please explain what happened!

0 Likes
Seeking an update that reflects reality
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1
Per Heather_VZ's update: Re: 9/12/13: Email Outage UPDATE

On Thursday morning, September 12, 2013, Verizon experienced a service disruption that affected your email account.  You now are able to send and receive email normally and will continue to have access to your calendar and address book. 

We are diligently working to recover any of your email folders that cannot be seen at this time. When the issue is fully resolved, email previously sent or received and any personal folders you created prior to this interruption will be available.

While Verizon is working to resolve this issue, you can view updates as new information us available on verizon.com/outage.

If you regularly use a POP email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo or Mac Mail you may not have noticed any adverse impact outside of the temporary inability earlier today to connect to your servers. 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this disruption has caused.

Heather_VZ's update implies that other than missing folders, everything's peachy.  I disagree.  Verizon e-mail servers pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net are still not accessible and all-day inaccessiblilty is not what I would deem "temporary inability... to connect to your servers."  It's still on-going.

Please post an update as to when they're expected to become available.  Thank you.

0 Likes