Here are some instructions for using Apple Mail with Verizon.
- Launch AppleMail™. The Welcome to Mailscreen appears.
- Fill in each field:
- Your Name
- Email Address (format is firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Incoming Mail Server field, type incoming.verizon.net.
- Mail Server Type: Click POP.
- User Name
- Outgoing Mail Server field, type outgoing.verizon.net.
- Click OK.
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Mail.
- Click Preferences.
- When the Accounts window appears, from the Description box, highlight your email account and click Edit.
- From the Account Information tab, in the Outgoing Mail Server list box, verify that outgoing.verizon.netis selected.
- Click Options.
- From the SMTP Server Options window, in the Authentication list box, choose Password.
- In the User name and Passwordfields, type your user name and password.
- Click OK.
If you need any further assistance please let us know.
Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.