E-mails not saved to Draft folder when session times out
Marino131
Enthusiast - Level 1

E-mails that I was composed used to be deleted when my session was timed out.  Then they were being automatically saved to the Draft folder as I thought it always should have been.  Now, they are once again being deleted when I am composing them but my session times out.  This is extremely annoying, especially when I am composing a lengthy e-mail and lose it all

• Is there some setting I need to enable to allow e-mails I am composing to be automatically saved to the Draft folder?
  • Can I change the time out setting to enable a longer period of time before my session is timed out?

Thank you.

Re: E-mails not saved to Draft folder when session times out
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

When it comes to writing lengthy emails, it's best to type it out into either Microsoft Word or notepad first. This will avoid your timeout issue and prevent loss of content. Another solution would be to use a third party email aplpication such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Mac Mail, Windows Live email, etc.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

When it comes to writing lengthy emails, it's best to type it out into either Microsoft Word or notepad first. This will avoid your timeout issue and prevent loss of content. Another solution would be to use a third party email aplpication such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Mac Mail, Windows Live email, etc.

It would be best for Verizon to fix webmail so that it works the way it is supposed to (the way they say it does) and saves messages as drafts when webmail times out (or fix the time out issue).

These are good workarounds though.

0 Likes
losm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Webmail timeouts happen repeatedly and without any rime or reason on Firefox 8.0 on a mac. Lost a couple draft emails I was working on when I had to switch out to another program briefly. Man this is one flakey webmail system! In contrast, earthlink webmail works reliably. I'll probably forward my verizon mail to that. This reminds me of the months of weirdness in verizon's backup and storage system which was built by some outside firm (I dumped it as a means for sharing files in favor of dropbox). Webmail is a basic function -- maybe someone in that vast bureaucracy could pay attention to it.