Re: Email disabled for overseas users
Elra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pls advise how to forward Verizon email to gmail acct.  Thanks!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

See other threads.  Apparently a temporary thing because customer accounts are under attack.  If yours is one of the accounts that gets locked, you also will have to get a pin and change your password.

0 Likes
SCL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The block on overseas access to Verizon includes logging into any secure page.  This not only prevents access to the POP3 and SMTP mailservers but also Webmail and Account Services.  Every Verizon customer outside of the USA is effected.  Why has there been no notification placed on the website?  This demonstrates a severe lack of any concern on Verizon's part for any of their customers who may be traveling outside the country.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes its logon thats blocked.  Verizon has been seeing these accounts being accessed improperly.  And it took them awhile to figure out what was happening,  They have now posted a few imcomplete descriptions of this, but not in enough places.

One of the symptoms seemed to be people NOT overseas having their accounts lockup, and even after getting the accounts reset and changing their password getting locked out again.  I would guess they finally found the lockouts occuring from accesses overseas. 

0 Likes
E mail Account Access
barbieque

I haven't been able to access my Verizon E Mail Account since yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem. I have never had this problem before, and want to know if it is a sitewide problem, or if there is a fix for it. 

0 Likes
Re: E mail Account Access
gotbump

Yes.  I'm having the same problem.  I get some email messages, but they are several hours late.  I can't send email at all and haven't been able too do so since yesterday

0 Likes
emkemk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here and Verizon is doing nothing to help.  Spend almost 7 hours on the phone yesterday talking with several people, all of whom said nothing.  Said I was locked out due to a security issue, but nobody could tell me what it was or why.  After being unlocked again, email is still not working and I cannot even log into my profile page.  Worst customer service I have ever had.  My business lives with email and being unable to use it is very frustrating since Verizon wont even tell me what the problem is, other to keep saying sorry.  After 20 years a customer, I am thinking of leaving because of the poor customer care they showed.

Good luck, trust me, Verizon does not care and is doing nothing to address it.  Wont tell you why or even admit if they had this problem before or if there is something wrong with their system.

Goodbye Verison,,,,lost a long time and valued customer.

0 Likes
Re: [SOLVED] verizon is now blocking access to e-mail from overseas
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please tell us exactly what about the process did not work. You can private message me screenshots if you wish.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The account lockout is a known issue. Verizon posted an announcement with additional information here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

0 Likes
Re: [SOLVED] verizon is now blocking access to e-mail from overseas
kgbhello
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a follow up- I just checked and my email is back on-line. 

0 Likes