Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
Alittlehelphere
Seems like I may be having similar issue. My email account is locked. Haven't been able to log into to web mail for a couple of weeks without getting into a recursive fight about needing to request a temporary pin only to be informed that the system couldn't process the request and try again. Until this morning my email clients on iPhone and pc have been able to validate and get/send email. I did travel to europe for several weeks in October. Can't to crack the code to get to a human at verizon to help me. Ideas?
0 Likes
Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my e-mail account and online access being locked.  I am not overseas.  I have spoken to both tech support and the e-center.  The e-center rep advised me that my account was not locked on their end.  I can create a new password successfully but when I try to log on, I repeatedly receive the message that your account is locked due to multiple failed attempts.  To unlock your account you will need to verify additional items.  Both tech support and the e-center keep transferring me back and forth to each other.  This is crazy.  I have never had an experience like this and do not know what else I can do.  I would appreciate any advise that you could provide.   I have been a Fios customer for almost 4 years and this behavior is inexcusable.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check your password is correctly specified both for incoming and outgoing servers.  For further suggestions identify your client email software.  Consider posting all your NON-Confidential settings for thate email client. 

Remember you are mostly talking to peers here.  Only a few admins such as Elizabeth S. are here. 

0 Likes
lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply to my issue.  I cannot log in to my account on verizon.com either so the issue is not only  my e-mail settings.   Should I post this issue on another Verizon Forum?  Thank you again.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you will have to contact Verizon.  The normal options are all listed under Contact US which is on all their pages

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm 

If offered it you might want to use the option to have a web chat.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lorlorka,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your account. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi LawrenceC,

Thank you very much for your response.  I was finally able to resolve this issue earlier today.  A very kind, patient,  knowledgable tech support agent reached out to the e-mail group who was finally able to unlock my account. I was informed that the e-mail group is not the same department as the  E-Center. 

Re: Email disabled help please
wnight1
Enthusiast - Level 1

i would like to now who the sick person is at Verizon that controls the e-mail .

I tried to sign in to my e-mail after 10 years of doing so . It told me that my user name or password was wrong. Well we all know that the user name does not change .  It tells me to sign in and I put in my user name and then it asks me for my password . Seeing I can not access my e-mail . It tells me that it will send me an e-mail with a temporary password  , so I can sign in DDDUUUHHH ., If I can not access my e-mail , how in the hell am I suppose to open my e-mail to get the temporary password . I too went to the phone and tried contacting someone to fix this problem .

!st call = Please hold and a rep will be with you shortly , this was after 15 minutes of listening to a robot messge answering machine . I was disconnected.

2nd call= Same thing and was told that I had a one minute wait time . 20 minutes later I was disconnected .

3rd call=  I went thru the whole thing again and was connected with I think she said billing person . She told me that she would connect me to a person who could help me . I was put on hold listening to the stupid music . After 10 minutes she came back on line and told me sorry for the wait and that she would put me in contact with a person who could help me . The music stopped and after another 15 minutes the line went dead . I was disconnected

4th call= One hour and a half later , I called the number on my telephone bill and I was taken care of by a live person.

Does it make you mad talking to a robot machine . Like it understands your frustration ?

Re: Email disabled help please
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

DITTO

Just spent 94 minutes with tech support because 3 of my sub-accounts were unable to login......multiple questions answered (which is fine with me) to unlock it, generate a temp psswd, reset psswd...

AND 297 MESSAGES CAME THROUGH SINCE OCTOBER 14, 2014!!!!!

Not sure what the issue is but I believe a large refund is due since I missed shopping alerts, coupons have expired, job offers never seen, etc.

And not for nothing, but I've called, written on forums, emailed VZ since end of Sept. that something was awry.

0 Likes