EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
jennifers23

I CAN RECEIVE EMAIL ON MY PHONE BUT NOT ON MY DESKTOP.  I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND REQUESTED TO RESET IT- I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS REPEAT HOURS- I HAVE VERIFIED EVERY QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN- O HAVE RESET IT WITH A PIN OVER 20 TIMES AND CAN STILL SIGN ON TO SUB ACCOUNTS  UNDER MY EMAIL BUT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SIGN IN TO MY EMAIL ON MY DESKTOP.  I HAVE BEEN WITH VERIZON OVER 20 YEARS AND DEFINITELY AT THE POINT OF CANCELLING EVERYTHING WITH THEM SINCE NO ONE CAN HELP ME.  I HAVE SPOKEN TO SUPERVISORS, LIVE CHATS, EVERYTHING.  THE ONE REP TOLD ME SHE WOULD SUBMIT A TICKET FOR ME AND IT WILL TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS TO GET A RESPONSE OR A BILLING CYCLE!!!!!! HOW CAN A COMPANY RUN LIKE THIS????? AT THIS POINT I WOULD RATHER TAKE A CHANCE OF DROPPED CALLS WITH ANOTHER COMPANY THEN PAY FOR A SERVICE THAT IS NOT BEING USED AND NOT ABLE TO HAVE ANY "MANAGEMENT" HELP RESOLVE.

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Email disabled help please
Thecorbettclan

My email was disabled yesterday. No idea why. I've had this email for 13 years. I tried calling help-line - stayed on hold for a long time. No one came on the line. Listened to some terrible music... And a message telling me not to hang up. Sorry. Got stuff to do today. Can't spend my whole day on hold. Can anyone reactivate my email? {edited for privacy}THANKS!

0 Likes
Verizon is now blocking access to e-mail from overseas
mithrandir1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I spent a day trying to figure out why I cannot access my e-maiil (pop or webmail) as of yesterday.

I called verizon and was informed that they are in the process of blocking access from overseas for ALL accounts. The tech

support person said that it is because accounts are being hacked from overseas and that this is for

"security" purposes and to "protect" me.

There has been no notifications, no postings on the verizon website, nothing. I was only able to find

out by calling to ask about an outage.

There are no waivers or exceptions to their new policy.

I am on a 4-month deployment. This will affect all military, civilian and contractors serving overseas

for extended periods

I was told by verizon that my options are:

- pay extra for a business account (I don't see how these are safer than residential but Verizon makes more money on it)

- forward my e-mail to a gmail or some other account while I'm gone but I have to have someone at home

set that up for me. Forwarding automatically removes the e-mail from my verizon inbox.

- live with no access to my verizon e-mail until I come home for Christmas.

Re: verizon is now blocking access to e-mail from overseas
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can see why they may want to implement blocks for overseas. 

However they do need a way to allow for those who need access for a limited, or even extended time, to have such access.

You probably need to word it as a suggestion and put it in the  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

0 Likes
mithrandir1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked that question of Tech Support.

NO exceptions. Get a business account or forward to gmail, hotmail, etc

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mithrandir wrote:

I asked that question of Tech Support.

NO exceptions. Get a business account or forward to gmail, hotmail, etc

While I don't agree with this change at all, I would like to point out that you do not have to access webmail to set up Gmail to pull your Verizon mail. You can go into your Gmail account and add your verizon.net account as a POP3 account, and that should work just fine.

Why on earth would Verizon decide that THIS is the way to deal with theur security issue? They have to know they have customers overseas...

mithrandir1
Enthusiast - Level 2
POP and SMTP service are blocked too. No pop or webmail 😞
0 Likes
[SOLVED] verizon is now blocking access to e-mail from overseas
mithrandir1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a _very_ nice call from a Verizon manager. He apologized to me for this entire episode.

There is a _temporary_ issue with e-mail access from overseas that has caused Verizon to _temporarily_ block

access to the mail serves. Verizon techs are working on whatever the issue is. When they have fixed the problem, service

will be restored to normal for overseas IP addresses.

The rather rude and wildly misinformed supervisor in the call center was giving out incorrect information.

Kudos to the manager and verizon forums admins who helped explain and resolve the situation.

Let me access email from overseas
ThrowerGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Australia and haven't been able to access email via client or webmail. I understand Verizon is currently blocking all overseas access. There are many of us for whom this access is critical. Please let us know a resolution ASAP.

0 Likes