EMAIL
Mspro

Can't change to AOL or log in to my verizon email. Keep getting the nessage that we hve RUN INTO PROBLEMS AND ARE WORKING ON IT.

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We are currently working on the migration from Verizon to AOL.  There is no ETA, because we are doing account in batches.  In the meantime, you can try to use POP3 email such as Outlook or Mac Mail. POP works intermittently until the migration is complete. You can also try the Verizon Mobile App, if you have a smartphone.  

Here are the POP settings you would need to use. You can als use this helpful guide.

Incoming Server;

pop.verizon.net 

Port 995

Use SSL.

Outgoing Server;

smtp.verizon.net

Port 465

Use SSL.

~Abe

0 Likes
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told yesterday by a Verizon Support agent that there are currently no issues / problems with email

0 Likes
youre-kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I have a bridge to sell you.......or was it waterfront property......don't waste your time on the phone.

When and if they get their stuff together the settings above will work or easier not necessrily better go establish an imap account and sttings come automatically on the mac........

Don't ask verizon/aol the difference between pop and imap but you should know for you own good.

https://help.aol.com/articles/what-is-the-difference-between-pop3-and-imap

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

VERIZON EMAIL IS POP3 RIGHT NOW AND  CAN BE SET UP TO KEEP YOUR EMAILS ON THEIR SERVERS

CONTRARY TO WHAT THIS LINK SAYS RE POP3

POP3 - Post Office Protocol

IMAP - Internet Messaging Access Protocol

You can use only one computer to check your email (no other devices)

You can use multiple computers and devices to check your email

Your mails are stored on the computer that you use

Your mails are stored on the server

Sent mail is stored locally on your PC, not on a mail server

Sent mail stays on the server so you can see it from any device.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TomH309 wrote:

VERIZON EMAIL IS POP3 RIGHT NOW AND  CAN BE SET UP TO KEEP YOUR EMAILS ON THEIR SERVERS

CONTRARY TO WHAT THIS LINK SAYS RE POP3

POP3 - Post Office Protocol

IMAP - Internet Messaging Access Protocol

You can use only one computer to check your email (no other devices)

You can use multiple computers and devices to check your email

Your mails are stored on the computer that you use

Your mails are stored on the server

Sent mail is stored locally on your PC, not on a mail server

Sent mail stays on the server so you can see it from any device.

Not only that, it says only one computer. WRONG! I use two PCs, a phone and a tablet, and all can access my email. Only one of my PCs actually deletes the email from the server, so until that particular PC downloads the emails they are available to all of the other devices.

That looks like something written back in the early 1990s or something. Very poor!

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
thisisnuts2017

I've lost count regarding how many days my email has not been working.

My settings are updated, I've done the new sign in on AOL etc., I've done everything on my part.  Strange thing is, when you go to check what the new settings are, Verizon links are still old or they link to the wrong page.  Like their IT department has decided not to clean out the outdated instructions.  Or they keep telling you to sign in, when you are already signed in. 

Not just that but - who that it would be a good idea if you are forced to try and check your email via the web site, you sign into Verizon, then they put a link saying it is faster to sign into AOL - so you are brought to an AOL sign in page - but have to use a Verizon log in.  Talk about a cluster.  I mean - at least throw one logo of Verizon onto the AOL sign in page so people know they are at the right sign in page - you know instead of a fradulant one.  Odd the way Verizon pretends to take so many security measures, pictures and  questions - but have no problem sending people to a plain white AOL page with two small boxes.

I called them yesterday - recorded message said your wait time is "1 to 1 minutes", and so while I waited 10 minutes later, they disconnected me.  I called back and began that game again, then someone answered the phone - however the accent was so heavy that I couldn't understand more than two words. 

Maybe today I will try again.

Has anyone asked if they are going to discount our bills during this "migration" that has stagnated over a period of weeks? 

I know I am not the only one that pays a redicilious amount of money for a service that at this point is not happening with NO ETA of being up and running.  I know if we are at any storefront and pay for service, if we don't recieve them we don't pay.

0 Likes
Mspro

I have tried for weeks to migrate to AOL with out success. When is this going to be resolved?

0 Likes