Email Account Setup Changes
Ginge43

I received the following email from Verizon today.  Unfortunately, though there is some useful given in the links, it may or may not apply to my email client - Mozilla Thunderbird.  I am disappointed that Verizon cannot add this email program to the ones they support.  In searching their web site I've not come up with any support for Thunderbird, and of course the automatic solution program they have will not work for me.

When I click  the link in the sentence "For more email and remote access configuration options see Verizon Online Email Settings" it takes me to a FIOS page, not at DSL page.

I assume (which can be dangerous) that the setting will also work for DSL (but who knows).  It also doesn't say when the changes will take place.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Grrr

Carl

0 Likes
Re: Email Account Setup Changes
Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to a thread I created here documenting the SSL definitions for Mozilla Thunderbird:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Mozilla-Thunderbird-SSL-Account-Definitions-for-veriz...

Keller, TX 76248

PZL11

What about those of us that use gmail exclusively ?  Do we need to change anything ? If so, where can we find that information ?

Thanks

0 Likes
putts4doe

Dont feel bad. I made the changes on Outlook Express and now I cant receive my mail

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@putts4doe wrote:

Dont feel bad. I made the changes on Outlook Express and now I cant receive my mail

OK, I have just created a thread documenting the settings for Outlook Express:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Outlook-Express-SSL-Account-Definitions-for-verizon-n...

The definitions have been tested and do work for sending and receiving email.

Keller, TX 76248

Silas3
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about Oulook in Office 2003? Verizon says check software information. I'm a pretty basic, senior-citizen user and don't understand all this. Will a Verizon agent help if I call?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Silas wrote:

What about Oulook in Office 2003? Verizon says check software information. I'm a pretty basic, senior-citizen user and don't understand all this. Will a Verizon agent help if I call?

Since I do not have Outlook I have no way to verify the settings that work like I did for Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, and Mozilla Thunderbird. However, the settings for Outlook should be very similar to those for Outlook Express, and I posted in this thread a link to definitions for that.

I believe others have posted the settings for Outlook here on the Forums, you can try searching.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

The settings are very similar for Outlook.  I have Outlook 2010. 

While in Outlook, go to File

Choose Account Settings

Higlight your verizon account and select Change.

Select More Settings...

Go to the Advance tab for where you need to make the changes...

Under 'Incoming server (POP3): 995

Be sure to check "This server requires an encrtyped connection (SSL)"

Under "Outgoing server (SMTP):  465..."

Be sure to set "Use the following type of encrypted connection:" to SSL

WJM3

Got same msg and made changes to my Outlook 2003 settings.  When I then went to send/receive, it started resending all sorts of email I have previuously received over past 12 mo ... in other words, for 2011, I now have duplicate emails.  It's still running ... up to June now.  Sigh...

0 Likes
Re: Email Account Setup Changes -- can't send email now
LindaCh1

I made the changes as per the e-mail from verizon and I can no longer send e-mail.  I can receive, but not send.  I used Windows Live Mail.  Any hints?

Thanks.

0 Likes