Re: Email Deletion
BillKill1

Please read the posts right above yours.  The new email service from Verizon is full of bugs and they have no idea what to do about it.  Do not trust Verizon with your email.  They have no idea what they are doing and when they cause problems for you (as they did with me by deleting a years worth of email) their only response is "sorry" although they do add, thank you for choosing Verizon.  Apparently the rocket scientists at Verizon didn't think to make backups of your data before they rolled out their new email software.  If I did that, I would expect to be fired.  My response to their incompetence is to fire them - I am moving to Comcast for my home services and email.  I'm not in a contract with Verizon.  I sent an email to the CEO of Verizon and got the predictable response (none) so they obviously could care less about us. 

0 Likes
Angryuser1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The deletion problem is getting worse.  When I put a check mark by an item in my inbox another item is being deleted.  I have double checked to make sure that another item is ot accidently checked.  It is not.  Then when I went to delete items from trash it did not recognize anything being checked.  Am not able to get any support.  Ask is useless, no direct number to call for support, when you ciick on support it will not take anything for techsupport.  Tried live agent that wasn't working.  This stinks.  I am using

webmail.  I do not use outlook.  Anyone have any answers other than switching to a different email provider?

0 Likes
ScubaChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just figured a way around their crappy user interface. Instead of selecting the emails and clicking on the Delete or Spam button. Use the Move To button and select either the Trash or SpamDetector folder. That actually moves the correct emails to another folder and doesn't delete emails that you don't want to be deleted.

Angryuser1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great Solution.  Should have thought of it.

elib2

I went on a massive e-mail purge about two weeks ago. It was more confusing since the switch to the new Verizon e-mail format, but it still seemed to get the job done.

While deleting multiple e-mails, I was puzzled by the reluctance of some e-mails to actually move to my "trash" folder, despite a decrease in the total count of e-mails in my inbox. I would re-select the e-mails I wanted to delete, and then delete them once more, and the count of e-mails in my inbox would go down once again. At the time, I thought it was weird that if I had to delete a message more than once, the number of messages in my inbox would go down each time I attempted to delete the same message. I had to "delete" one message up to three times, and when this happened, the total number of messages in my inbox would go down by three instead of just one. 

When browsing my inbox for a receipt today (a receipt I need to submit to my company for a $50 reimbursement), I realized that this message, as well as the messages before and after it, were all gone. This was very upsetting, as I am now responsible for the $50 payment that my company should be responsible for.

I also realized that the reason the total number of messages kept going down was because e-mails were improperly displayed during my e-mail purge; the e-mails I intended to delete were actually moved to my "trash" folder the first time, but kept being displayed in my inbox. Therefore, when I would re-select them to re-delete them, I was actually selecting e-mails that I in fact wanted to keep, such as the $50 receipt, and then deleting THOSE e-mails. 

I've been using Verizon e-mail for the past five years, and have never had problems like this before. I'm aware that e-mail is not one of the main Verizon services, but it was still upsetting to have something like this happen. 

I'm sure that nothing can be done to retrieve my  vanished e-mails, but I would like for Verizon to take steps to correct this "glitch" so that this kind of problem will stop happening, as I am clearly not the only one to lose important information. 

Consequently, I am also looking into setting up an e-mail account with a different service, as I can't afford to have this happen again. 

0 Likes
Angryuser1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an extremely time-consuming and frustrating problem.  Verizon seems uninterested or incapable of addressing it or of providing a way to get help on this issue.  I hate switching email provider because of thattime but may get so annoyed I have to do it.  All solutions are time-consuming

0 Likes
Mackie1

Does anyone know how to set your machine to automatically backup your email while you are typing it. I have lost several emails lately when I'm kicked out of MyVerizon. Help?

0 Likes