Email Images Show Up Half Grey
Penny51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Up until 10/16/12 I was able to view any embedded images in my email. I use Verizon Webmail to view my email and I have IE9 and Windows Vista. Then even when I viewed old emails that had images that I had viewed successfully - these also were showing up half grey. I spent several hours on a Chat with Verizon and the tech setup me up to view my emails in Outlook 2007. Well while this was a round-about fix -- I would like to be able to view my images only in one place and I prefer to do it in Verizon Webmail where I have all of my contacts setup already. We know that Verizon made some kind of change on 10/16/12 refer to the article called "Verizon flips switch..."

It would be nice for Verizon to fix what they have disturbed so that customers can again view embedded images in emails sent to you. If this has something to do with global settings with incoming mail into Verizon's servers -- it truly needs to be addressed by Verizon. 

Here's what the image looks like in my email:

--Penny5

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email Images Show Up Half Grey
Penny51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly do not know what was fixed, but suddenly today -- I can view my images in my emails that I could not see before.  I did not change any settings in my browser.  I do know that I could not get into my email earlier tonight - so glory be maybe some miracle maintenance was performed by Verizon.  I hope all of those that were having this problem or a similar problem with images can now see them again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomLingJr

I have the same problem. Running Windows 7. This started to happen with in the last two weeks. Even my older e-mails from a year go does the same thing. 

Been on tech support twice and have friends of mine over to look it over. 

Does not happen on G mail. Happens on my laptop and pc and HTC verizon phone.

Yes, they see it the image as fine. No help from them, verizon. 

My images will have an X or show up half grey or like there Fios TV some time all blocks.

I been with them for a long time too. Since they were call Bell Atlantic. 

I am at work and I use Clear.com wifi. 

Feel very disappointed in Verizon. 

TomLingJr

0 Likes
Penny51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying TomLingJr.  I am hoping that if enough people voice about having this problem that maybe Verizon will look into this.  I too am having trouble viewing emails that are old and once totally viewable.  And yes, it happened for me about or around Oct. 15, 2012.  It's like some kind of setting was changed.

I would like to be able to view my emails with images -- once again in my Verizon Webmail instead of having to go to another place to view them (I can see them in my Outlook).

--Penny5

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Sounds like something wrong in your browser or addons.  Perhaps a recent Microsoft fix screwed things up.  Check for newer fixes. Check with Microsoft.

0 Likes
Penny51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Silver,

Thanks for the tip, but I have not changed anything in my Browser add-ons.  I'm hoping someone who has the same problem - has had better luck than I did with the Verizon tech and someone will read this thread a post an idea that I have not yet been offered and it will clear up the half grey images.

Penny5

0 Likes
Penny51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly do not know what was fixed, but suddenly today -- I can view my images in my emails that I could not see before.  I did not change any settings in my browser.  I do know that I could not get into my email earlier tonight - so glory be maybe some miracle maintenance was performed by Verizon.  I hope all of those that were having this problem or a similar problem with images can now see them again.

0 Likes