Email Issue
ract
Contributor - Level 1

I have completed the migration of my Verizon email data to a new email server.  I chose option 2 (move to one of my existing email addresses instead of creating a new AOL adress).  All went well; the Verizon email data transferred to the new address server.  I then sent a test email to the old Verizon email and it was forwarded to the new address.  All of this was accomplished prior to the deadline for elimination of the Verizon email data.

What I don't understand is what happens now if someone sends an email to the old Verizon email address.  Does it disappear into cyberspace or is it supposed to be forwarded to the replacement address.  The elimination deadline has now passed and any emails I send to the old Verizon address do not show up at the replacement address.

0 Likes
Re: Email Issue
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

At this point, if time is of the essence, send a notice to ALL the Contacts that you REALLY want to keep from your new provider.

Look into the new providers "limit" if any on sending " bulk" emails.

You might have to break up your notification into several Contact groups.

You might want to include in your notice the start day of your new address and ask those that need to "to resend" their emails.

0 Likes
Re: Email Issue
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ract wrote:

I have completed the migration of my Verizon email data to a new email server.  I chose option 2 (move to one of my existing email addresses instead of creating a new AOL adress).  All went well; the Verizon email data transferred to the new address server.  I then sent a test email to the old Verizon email and it was forwarded to the new address.  All of this was accomplished prior to the deadline for elimination of the Verizon email data.

What I don't understand is what happens now if someone sends an email to the old Verizon email address.  Does it disappear into cyberspace or is it supposed to be forwarded to the replacement address.  The elimination deadline has now passed and any emails I send to the old Verizon address do not show up at the replacement address.

@?  the migration to aol, if chosen does not create an aol.com address.  The actual Verizon servers have been AOL for over a year.  They are just moving you to the AOL mail interface but you keep @verizon.net address.  Externally the servers names can even remain the same.  I.e the only thing you need to change in mail software (phone,pc etc.) is your password.  Not even that if you choice to use the same password.

0 Likes