Email Quota Exceeded
riverrati40

recd. emai lfrom mail.verizon.com stating  account limits has been exceeded. in checking message center shows only 6%

used..whats up...is this msge. a scam.....

0 Likes
Re: Email Quota Exceeded
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

A couple of things need to be checked:

1. Make sure that the account in the message is the same as the one you're looking at the storage for. The bounceback messages are usually about the account you're sending to, not the account you're sending from.

2. Keep in mind that your storage includes any messages in your trash folder, as well. Even if you delete a large message, it counts against your storage quota until completely removed.

It would also be helpful to see the message you received, with any identifying information obscured.

0 Likes
kgnboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Somegirl,

I have the same issue and while you describe the right solution, how do I find the webpage with the storage for the email subaccounts in order to modify the account storage?

Thanks.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kgnboy wrote:

Somegirl,

I have the same issue and while you describe the right solution, how do I find the webpage with the storage for the email subaccounts in order to modify the account storage?

Thanks.

You have to log into verizon.com with the sub account's username and password in order to access it. You cannot increase or decrease the amount of storage the accounts have, only delete/download messages to free up space.

kgnboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.

At one point as the account holder I could allocated storage across my subaccounts.  That's what I was looking for.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kgnboy wrote:

Thanks.

At one point as the account holder I could allocated storage across my subaccounts.  That's what I was looking for.

You can allocate space for Personal Webspace, but not for email.

0 Likes