Email Receives But Won't Send
Maggle
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email has been working swimmingly for three years now but out of the blue I can't get any outgoing emails to send.  I can receive emails no problem.

i'm using Vista's Windows Mail and I'm getting the following error:  

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'blah blah blah', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Now, I did some test with other email sub-accounts I have that don't use the "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net" SMTP (is that the right term?).  The accounts with just "outgoing.verizon.net" do send emails without any errors.  I tried to switch the accounts with the yahoo tag to the non-yahoo SMTP and I get a password popup that won't accept my input.  It gives me a password not found error or something like that.  

My email first experienced problems last Friday and the it worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Now it's been out on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

I'm thinking it's a Verizon server problem but I can't wait any longer for my email to work.  I have a business to run and I can't let my email be down for days at a time.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?  Thanks.

Re: Email Receives But Won't Send
Maggle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, now that I'm in the right forum I see that this seems to be an ongoing problem.  I checked the antivirus and that didn't do anything.  

I did change the port from 25 to 587 and that seems to have opened up the outgoing emails.  They've seemed to been sent since they're no longer in the outbox. 

BUT...now I can't seem to receive emails.  Ugh......

I ran the Verizon email fix app and it says it couldn't send an email now and I should call the 800 #.  What the heck is going on here when everything was working perfectly before?!  

Maggle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soooo....when I ran the Verizon email fix app it couldn't complete because it couldn't send out an email.  But what it did do was to change a couple of my email names around and mix them up AND it turned off the "Include this email account then receiving emails" check mark on all my accounts.  That's why I was no longer able to receive emails. 

Use that program with caution.

But everything seems to be working now.  I think the change to 587 was the quick and easy fix but I took the long way about it.  

LCH2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my email.  Tried port 587--still no luck. 

0 Likes