Email Rejects Existing Password
pdemmert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to access my email and I am getting the following error message: 

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx did not succeed. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.

I have been successfully accessing my email via Thunderbird on my desktop, my LG G2 smart phone, and my iPad until this morning when the error messages started.  I have not made any changes to my password.  What gives?

I can't get email on any of the above devices now, although I can access my email on the Verizon Yahoo web site.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email Rejects Existing Password
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

I have been having the same issue. What I did is that I changed the password that didn't seem to work then I added the @verizon.net to the username in the account settings for my email application and that seemed to get rid of the error

View solution in original post

markperez
Contributor - Level 1

I have been having the same issue. What I did is that I changed the password that didn't seem to work then I added the @verizon.net to the username in the account settings for my email application and that seemed to get rid of the error

HOTPROP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I'm assuming that Verizon is doing some kind of housekeeping that's preventing receiving and sending emails since sometime last night. Something similar happened about a week ago. You could download but could not send out emails and later it miraculously fixed itself.

By the way, I use Thunderbird also.

0 Likes
pdemmert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am reluctant to make username and password changes on all three of my Internet devices unnecessarily, particularly when these have all been working without any problems until this morning.  In the past I have been using Outlook and I saw this same type of password rejection and I jumped through all sorts of hoops to get my email working on Outlook only to find the problem resolve itself in a day or so.  I am inclined to believe that the problem is at the Yahoo Verizon end, but I don't know how to get them to look into it.

0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

I agree with you. I had to make changes because I needed to get emails. Now I am afraid to go back to my previous password and settings. I know for sure yahoo email is having issue as the web interface was not showing new emails this morning and then emails are not slowly coming in. Some 2 plus hours after being sent.

0 Likes
JoAnnG1

I am also using Thunderbird and cannot access Verizon email due to incorrect User name &/or password (#MBR1212). I tried some of the simple fixes found on the forum but none worked. So I reverted back to my original settings and will wait-out Vz. I have had previous contact with tech support re: Thunderbird and they were useless. I ended up fixing my problem myself. This message is a/o 1:51 p.m edt.

0 Likes
JoAnnG1

FYI...I tried one last tweek...I changed my user name to my email & was able to get my mail. That is the only change I made & kept my same passcode and settings in Thunderbird. Hope this helps everyone.

0 Likes
sandpiper2

Same purely irritating TBird problem hit me this a.m. Could send but not receive.  Spent some time trying to find fixes on both TBird and Verizon sites.

That included uninstalling and reinstalling TBird.

Finally went to tool\>options> security> passwords and removed all of them.

Then went to account activity and removed all accounts.

Re-entered each account and password, and manually configured incoming and outgoing.

Verizon yahoo seemed to accept that.

So the bloody thing seems to work - for now.

Haven't the foggiest if it will tomorrow.

I also agree with other comments that both Tbird and Verizon online support are about as useful as fitting a turtle for air brakes.

0 Likes
carrie681

I just changed my username to my email address as I have seen a few others did and when I went to my iPhone to check mail I got 250 emails downloaded that all said 'no sender, no subject, this message has no content.'  This is pretty bad for me because I have to get my resume out to a few companies right now that will most likely want interviews this week.  I guess I can create a gmail account or something and use that but it is beyond frustrating to suddenly have my email not working.  I'm sure everyone feels the same.  I am also incoming.yahoo.verizon.net / outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net.  Please Verizon and Yahoo get this fixed or at the very minimum send out a status email.  

0 Likes
scrappydeb

Well, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting this error. Using Thunderbird, and started to get the error about 24 hours ago when trying to receive email. I CAN SEND from Thunderbird. And I can send AND receive from Webmail, so I know that there is nothing incorrect about my password.

OK, while typing this post, I decided to try the suggestion of changing my "user name" to my full email address. It worked! Thank you!

0 Likes