Re: Email Rejects Existing Password
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am also using Thunderbird and cannot access Verizon email due to incorrect User name &/or password (#MBR1212). I tried some of the simple fixes found on the forum but none worked.
0 Likes
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my second yahoo verizon account I get a slightly different error message:

Sending of password for user XXXXX  did not succeed. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: (#AUTH012) Incorrect username or password.

My versioin of Thunderbird is 31.1.2.

0 Likes
ex1895
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for the info - adding @verizon.net to my username worked!

nyjoe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

adding @verizon.net to the incoming server worked for me, too.

Like others here with a verizon.yahoo account, I could not download e-mail from various devices as of the evening of October 7, 2014.  e-mail sends and Web e-mail worked fine.  Based on the comments here I added "@verizon.net" to the incoming server login and it worked fine.  By the way I use Eudora on a PC and iOS e-mail.

DavidL3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Outlook and received the failed authentication message trying to access incoming.yahoo.verizon.net.  I added @verizon.net to the username and this resolved the problem.  Thanks for the help!

pdemmert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did some additional checking yesterday evening and found that both my desktop (Thunderbird) and my android type smart phone were still not accessing my email account with Verizon Yahoo.  Apparently my iPad was working correctly all day, so it was not impacted by the password issue and the same with the Verizon Yahoo mail web site.  About 9:00 PM EDT my smart phone started receiving email again (no action on my part).  This morning Oct 9, my Thunderbird account still shows the same error message:  "Sending of password for user xxxxxxxxx did not succeed. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password."  I may sit on this for a while longer to see if the problem corrects itself without my changing my user name to include @verizon.net.. 

0 Likes
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can not add "@verizon.net" to the incoming server login since it is already there. I have not been able to download e-mail to my two verizon.net accounts in Thunderbird as of the afternooon of October 7, 2014. I am able to send e-mail from both accounts on Thunderbird.  I can access both accounts on the web and my iPad.

0 Likes
pdemmert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I went ahead and added "@verizon.net" to the incoming server login on my Thunderbird account and it worked fine.  This appears to be the solution to my problem, although I see no reason for this action on my part since I could access my email before without the @verizon.net.  Something was changed at Verizon Yahoo that caused this problem and somebody there needs to own up to it.  The error messages put the responsibility for correcting the problem at my doorstep and yet I have done nothing to cause the problem.  Pretty **bleep** frustrating.  Thanks all for your suggestions.

0 Likes
Thunderbird cannot access Yahoo.Verizon email
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using Thunderbird (31.1.2) and cannot access Verizon email.  I am getting the following error message: 

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx did not succeed. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.

In my second yahoo verizon account I get a slightly different error message:

Sending of password for user XXXXX  did not succeed. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: (#AUTH012) Incorrect username or password.

I have not been able to download e-mail to my two verizon.net accounts in Thunderbird as of the afternooon of October 7, 2014. I am able to send e-mail from both accounts on Thunderbird.  I can access both accounts on the web and my iPad.

I can not add "@verizon.net" to the incoming server login since it is already there.  Thus, the solved posting of "Email Rejects Existing Password" does not work for me.

Any solutions out there?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbird cannot access Yahoo.Verizon email
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

since you specifically mention incoming server login I wanted to make sure you are looking at the same part I am talking about. Now I using outlook and I don't know anything about thunderbird.

incoming mail server should be incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (this is what I am assuming you are talking about when you say it is already there)

user name login (or something similar) is where I suggested to add the @verizon.net

If you actually have the @verizon.net on your user name then I suggest you copy all the information in the account, delete you account settings for thunderbird then create another account.

Again I do not know about thunderbird and I am not a server admin.

0 Likes