Email Scams
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Verizon Online has been made aware of a new phishing scam targeting Verizon customers.  These scams attempt to lure customers to a fraudulent web site to input personal information and/or download virus infected programs.

Verizon will never ask for personal or account information by email.

If you receive an e-mail similar to the one below (the content may vary slightly), you should  DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

DO NOT:

• Respond to the Email in any way
  • Click any links
  • Open any attachment
  • Provide any data to any web sites mentioned

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Re: Email Scams
willie17391
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately Nilsa, the example of that bogus message never made it into your warning.

0 Likes
JamesM35

Where is the example message? It was not attached to Nilsa_VC's warning.

I have received a message that purports to be from "verizon_notifications@verizon.com".

It reads:

"Effective April 04, 2017, we'll no longer provide verizon.net email service. Other than this change, your Verizon service(s) won't be affected.

We have two options for you to consider below. Please review both options and take action today to avoid losing access to your email.

Choosing an option is easy.

Click here to sign into your verizon.net email account.
Simply select Keep verizon.net email address or Try any other email provider to complete the setup.

Option 1. Keep your current email address with AOL Mail.

By choosing this option you will:

Keep your verizon.net email address
Migrate to AOL Mail
Retain email, contacts and calendar(s) automatically

Option 2. Try any other email provider.

By choosing this option, you will:

No longer be able to use your current verizon.net email address
Establish an account with a mail provider of your choosing like Outlook.com or Gmail
Manually move your email, contacts and calendar(s)

To confirm this message is valid, visit verizon.com and select Announcements under the Tools section at the bottom of the page.

Have questions? More information can be found at verizon.com/Email.

Take action by April 04, 2017 or you'll lose access to your verizon.net
email account.

Don't wait; act now."

Is this legitimate?

0 Likes
Liz_23

Hi ,

I got that one too. I got a text and did not reply. Then when I went into work to look at my personal e-mail, it would not let me go into my verizon.net e-mail without changing to AOL. Does anyone know if there is a number to call to see if this is legit?

Thank you, Liz

0 Likes
Liz_23

JamesM35,

I just called the Verizon customer service number 1-800-837-4966, tech support, and was told that this is legitimate. If you want to verify with them, you will need your Verizon account number handy. I was worried about this too.

Good luck!

Liz

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

The email migration to AOL is legitimate.  We invite you to join the discussion here:
https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/initiate-migration-to-AOL-Mail/m-p/829847

This topic will now be closed to further replies.

0 Likes