Re: Email Security Settings Change
unhappygirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problems with "failed sending."  I deleted my email account from my phone and started over.  It seems to be working again.

0 Likes
errlin

I checked and the settings are the same on both systems except that the one system is still running 'outgoing' rather than 'smtp so I can use it.

Both systems are running v.31.6.0

Thanks

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@errlin wrote:

I checked and the settings are the same on both systems except that the one system is still running 'outgoing' rather than 'smtp so I can use it.

Both systems are running v.31.6.0

Thanks

See thread http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Configure-Thunderbird-for-Verizon-net-email/m-p/69439... where I posted my screen images for Thunderbird.  You do have to get this working as the outgoing.verizon.net servers are going away.

I've had this working through lots of version of Thunderbird, currently upto 31.6.0

0 Likes
crissmv

The instructions that Verizon has provided may not be exactly correct for an Android phone.  If your phone has two options for SSl Enable:  1)  SSL and 2) SSL (accept all certficates), you will probably want to choose #2.  I followed the instructions to choose SSL and got an error that it could not connect to the server.  Of course no one at Verizon could help me resolve the problem.  I finally ended up calling Verizon Wireless, my phone service provider  and they resolved the issue, for which I am greatful, but I ended up wasting an hour on bad instruction provided by Verizon. 

0 Likes
robleeson

I have no idea what you are asking us to do...with regard to this new security issue.

How could you possibly have my e mail address listed as: @aol.com when I have a verizon e mail account?

Please phone me at {edited for privacy} to discuss/explain and help us to understand what this is all about, what we need to do with our 3 Internet Mechanisms, and how to do these things...

And, I now note that this is a March 24 2015 message, being recieved here only today...April 10, 2015

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. You are not speaking to Verizon here.  Please contact them via 1-800-verizon for assistance.

0 Likes
Settings on iPad are correct. Still unable to access account when using att wireless network. Been this way since September and no one has been able to fix
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@crissmv wrote:

The instructions that Verizon has provided may not be exactly correct for an Android phone.  If your phone has two options for SSl Enable:  1)  SSL and 2) SSL (accept all certficates), you will probably want to choose #2.  I followed the instructions to choose SSL and got an error that it could not connect to the server.  Of course no one at Verizon could help me resolve the problem.  I finally ended up calling Verizon Wireless, my phone service provider  and they resolved the issue, for which I am greatful, but I ended up wasting an hour on bad instruction provided by Verizon. 

You really shouldn't need the accept all certificates unless your phone maintenance is old.  It simply gets around problems with a certificate that couldn't be validated against the root authorities stored on your phone.

0 Likes
pghfan47

Hello,

I have been unable to send email from my iPhone and iPad since updating my password a few days ago.

I saw post with SMTP, server names, ports etc... and verified that mine match exactly what it says

the new settings should be.  I know I am using the right password because I can send and receive email

on the Verizon Webmail client.  Can you help?

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pghfan47 wrote:

Hello,

I have been unable to send email from my iPhone and iPad since updating my password a few days ago.

I saw post with SMTP, server names, ports etc... and verified that mine match exactly what it says

the new settings should be.  I know I am using the right password because I can send and receive email

on the Verizon Webmail client.  Can you help?

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

This is peer to peer.   You would be better to use one of the other CONTACT US options listed on the page.  Probably call or chat.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm

0 Likes