Email account constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts???????
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

My and my wife's email accounts are constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts.

That is the message we receive almost daily now.

Neither of us is, nor have been, logging in unsuccessfully.

We then request, as suggested, a temporary pin. We login with that pin and change the password. Then again shortly afterwards we are locked out yet again due to numerous unsuccessful login attempts.

What the heck is going on here????

Mel

0 Likes
Re: Email account constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts???????
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any devices such as smart phone that might be trying to login with the wrong password?

0 Likes
Re: Email account constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts???????
ladyel1

Same thing happening here, but only when I'm using Firefox browser, I think.  Firefox keeps trying to log into MyVerizon and then I get the locked out message.  I can log on ok using IE. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And an Unfriendly might be trying to use your account with an old password.

0 Likes
veronicaf705

I am experiencing the same problem since yesterday.  Who should I contact about this problem?

I'm having the problem using IE and Chrome.

0 Likes
randiost

I am having the exact same issue.  Logged in with the correct info and it told me my account is locked due to multiple attempts.  And when I try to have the PIN sent to me via phone, nothing happens.  Something must be going on.

0 Likes
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.

As a matter of fact I am not having any issues logging in to my email with any smartphone.

This issue is occurring only from any pc and any and all browsers.

I also see from the replies that this issue is being experienced by others.

0 Likes
EMAIL ACCOUNT LOCKED: Home Phone Not A Verizon Landline
ibloridee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am unable to access my email account.  This is the error message-> Your account is locked due to multiple failed attempts. To unlock your account you will need to verify additional items.

I think by email has been hacked.  I don't have a Verizon landline, so I don't have an account # to enter on the Retrieve Account Information page. I am able to access my email through my mobile device, but not webmail.

0 Likes
Peganmn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem yesterday.  I tried to login and entered the wrong passcode.  I only have a few dozen to try to remember which code goes with which account where Smiley Frustrated

Anyway I was locked out after the first attempt which in retrospect was the correct login anyway.  When I tried the chat function to get it unlocked the verizon bot insisted I had logged in six times, all within the same minute of time.  I guess Verizon has gone quantum on us, because that's about the only way I could try to login SIX TIMES within the space of a minute.

And whatever happened to the customer is always right?

0 Likes
vzmp2

Just wanted to add I've been having problems with this as well.

Two days ago, I recieved multiple texts to my cellphone (10+) that my account had been locked due to unsuccessful logins, even though I hadn't attempt to log into my account. Following Verizon's own instructions, I tried to reset it by having a temporary PIN sent to my home phone, but it never came. Then yesterday, I decided to call Verizon, the rep wanted to confirm I was the account owner by calling my home phone, but because I was calling from work at the time, I decided to try again later. When I got home, I found that I was able to log into my account again, despite not having called Verizon back yet. Today, I find that the account has been locked again. I actually had to create a new community account to make this post as I can't log onto my regular account. I'm also still recieveing those texts from Verizon.

It's obvious a lot of people are having this problem, there's been several different posts on this forum about it in the past couple of days. Is there an official explaination/solution here?

0 Likes