Re: Email account hijacked (both local outlook and verizon mobile emails)
poseyhill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here; spam email supposedly sent from a mobile account.  I have changed my password and have attempted to change my verizon.net email address.  This seems to be impossible with Verizon.  Even "alias" email account doesn't work.  This is really ridiculous and annoying.  Verizon - get it together!  If you can't protect our accounts, at least allow us to change our email address along with our password.

And your online help screens and "In-Home Agent" have been no help at all.

0 Likes
Tawny
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started last night with me.  I do not have anyone in my online address book and I do not use Outlook to download.  The spam originating with my email account is going to strange addresses beginning with A and mostly on Yahoo or Gmail.  I don't know how to change my password and I suspect that is not going to help.  Below is one of my headers.  I have no idea what to do about this.  I have never felt so powerless or, frankly, stupid.  Any ideas?

Received: from 60.237.139.242 ([60.237.139.242]) by vms184.mailsrvcs.net (Verizon Webmail) with HTTP; Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:52:09 -0600 (CST)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:52:09 -0600 (CST)
To: **@yahoo.com
Bcc: **@aol.com**@yahoo.com,, and 20 similar addresses

Message-ID: <109584618.397964.1330199529734.JavaMail.root@vms184.mailsrvcs.net>
Subject: nHave you been waiting?
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Originating-IP: [60.237.139.242]

what's up. i've been waiting to ,show you 'this {link removed}

Moreover, th'efact, or rather th,e presume'd fact, of h;er being deceitfu:l on such, amatter, spoke but too plai nly in ev_ide.nce against her as to he!rimputed crime o!f recei_ving Mr Slo:pe as a lover.
"No good to 'go to Castle," put ,in Chinga'chgook with ;emphasis,the mome:nt the ot,her gave him an opportunity  of speaki_ng

0 Likes
blake14

The same thing has been happening to me for about 2 months!!! Has anyone had any luck changing their password or finding a way to stop this??

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

change your password at www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
slclemens
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anybody been able to get Verizon to actually do anything to address their servers being hacked and to block the spoofers from sending fake emails from the verizon mobile accounts we do not even have?  I wasted 25 minutes talking to tech support who after I tried to provide them their own web address to see all the people complaining about this problem here, told me they don't even have internet access or even access to their own support pages.  How pathetic and screwed up can they be?  And of course this is on top of their claiming they didn't even know there was a problem, but acknowledging they had us change the server port settings because of the very security concern they claim not to know about.

cws333

This just started happening to me last week and now I'm getting about 20-40 pages a day of returned emails on messages I never sent.  I don't have the technical background many of you appear to have but from reading through all the posts, no actions you've taken have seem to have stopped the deluge. Does it just stop over time?

Other than the one posting that seems to link these occurrences with someone using their SS# I don't see anyone else raising issues of identity theft to these occurences. Is that the case?  Just trying to attach the degree of vulnerability attached to this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
racoco

I have been victimized by this for weeks. I now know for certain it is coming from my verizon account and not from some other source (PC, social media stite, or smart-phone app). How do I know? I added a ficticious email address to my on-line verizon web-mail account. sure enough, i now get 'undeliverable' announcement concerning that ficticious address.

i've tried to change my web email login AND I CANNOT! every attempt to do so results in a screen that attempts to change my general Verizon account log-in (which is different that my web-mail login and which I do not want to change, at this time anyway)! why does verizon's web-based  interface continue to be the worst in the business. they've had a decade to get it right and lots of good ones to emulate. it's sad, becoming farce.

0 Likes
Calypso3

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  This has been going on for weeks.  I have changed my password but they still keep coming.  At first it was about 200 per day, but today, I actually got 893 undeliverable emails within a 7 hour window.  What is going on, and why isn't Verizon doing something about it.

I have read the other messages and the only solution was change your password.  That does not seem to be working.  Help.

0 Likes
Calypso3

Just got another 810 undeliverable emails today.  How $#$#$#$$#$$%%%% is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ThisGirl

I've been having the same issue for weeks now.  I've scanned my laptop several times and it comes up clean.  I thought for sure Verizon would have fixed this by now . . . I'm seriously thinking about switching to another provider.  Verizon's customer service leaves much to be desired.  You certainly do NOT get what you pay for.

0 Likes