Re: Email account wont log in: One account stops working suddenly
foduef

All of my history is gone. I am in big trouble, much business contacts, communications, drafts... 

0 Likes
cjmorris2

Got the same message here in the antelope valley.   When I finally got on just now, all my e-mails have disappeared?????  I hope someone sends a message from verizon about what happened.

0 Likes
tluvsherjb

Mine too!  I am soooooooooooooooo devistated.  I hadn't move pictures that people sent to me from the baby shower, ste sons wedding, and all my vendor contracts are GONE!  Not to mention, entire history of folders.  Contact are gone as well!!

0 Likes
BuckyBoy2

I just got off a chat with Verizon DSL.

"Saritha" told me that all my emails, folders, etc. will be available in 12 hours.  I sure hope so.

What a mess!

Bucky

0 Likes
JJ142
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strange doings: my email is now working but there are no new messages since last night, which means - what exactly?  At least I still have everything in my Inbox that was there before......

0 Likes
Information Update: - Email account wont log in: One account stops working suddenly
Crystal_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

On Thursday morning, September 12, 2013, Verizon experienced a service disruption that affected your email account.  You now are able to send and receive email normally and will continue to have access to your calendar and address book. 

We are diligently working to recover any of your email folders that cannot be seen at this time. When the issue is fully resolved, email previously sent or received and any personal folders you created prior to this interruption will be available.

While Verizon is working to resolve this issue, you can view updates as new information us available on verizon.com/outage.

If you regularly use a POP email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo or Mac Mail you may not have noticed any adverse impact outside of the temporary inability earlier today to connect to your servers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this disruption has caused.

0 Likes
Re: Email Outage
Dadio483

I just got in to the mail and all my other messages are gone, i had like 86 messages. I wish there was a program that i could use instead of the webmail. I tried outlook but it don't work, i have a laptiop with windows live that works fine butb my new laptop don't have any good mail programs that work.

0 Likes
It's back? Really?? (Don't think so...)
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

Still cannot reach Verizon mail servers:

I:\>ping smtp.verizon.net

Pinging smtp.verizon.net [206.46.232.100] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 206.46.232.100:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I:\>ping pop.verizon.net

Pinging pop.verizon.net [206.46.232.132] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 206.46.232.132:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

0 Likes
ShannonsMom

Have you tried Mozilla thunderbird for your email client?

Of course, for me it only helps if I've actually downloaded the email messages - whereas I've been using webmail for verizon mail a fair amount - and have saved some one of a kind email messages in folders on verizon servers.

So I do hope they are able to retrieve and restore all of my/our emails in the next 12 hours as they say.

I hope also they plan to issue some kind of reasonable credit for this situation also.

JG

0 Likes
Dadio483

Does Mazolla Thunderbird work on windows 8 because I can't get it to work

0 Likes