Email address name changed on its own???
salamisalami

I noticed today when I went to compose an email that my email name is not what it supposed to be.  It is now a scrambled up mix of letters and numbers in front of the @verizon.net.  I didn't change this.  I still receive emails with my original email address though.  

I do not understand how this got changed and am worried that when I send emails people will not look at them because of the goofy email address.

Any help???

0 Likes
Re: Email address name changed on its own???
ValerieMG

The exact same thing happened to me today! Instead of my regular email address, the screen opened with a new default email return address that begins with "vze..." What is going on?

0 Likes
kac4

This has happened to my husband's account in the past (MAC) and today it happened to me for the first time (PC).  I was responding to an email and noticed that the sender's account was something that I have never created.  Is this a virus of some sort????  

The account has @verizon.net so it looks legit.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the e-mail UI, go to Mail under My Settings

#2 Where it says Default From Address, select the e-mail address that you want the mail to come from.

#3 Press Save.

0 Likes
tzzmnndvl
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon provides you with 2 different types of identification online. the vze... is the verizon id associated to the username you created when you created your verizon account. as to why it's now showing the vze.....@verizon.net is a mystery to me