Email blocking
davebeam

Wouldn't it be great if Verizon's email blocking actually worked?  I've blocked an email address and the domain name at least 50 times, marked it as spam everytime I receive an email from them and yet I still get 2 -3 emails from them daily.  All attempts to contact customer support have been for naught!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Someone tell me how to block emails from Jones New York.  They must have a deal with either the devil or Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email blocking
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the email blocking. We would like to help and see how its set up. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
JJO3

Please let me in on the secret because I have been having the same problem for the last 6 months.

0 Likes
lockguy1

Please let me know how to do it. I have been trying to block ? unsubscribe to Verizon's junk email. NOTHING works.

0 Likes
bobo221

I cannot block unwanted emails;  I send them to Spam but that doesn't help.  I forward them to:  spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net,  but that doesn't help either.

Why doesn't these work to block emails?

R Orenstein

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes the email blocking is not working very well these days.  NOte that the old Verizon email blocker was a third party and its not clear if they are still updating it when you send things to spamdetector notcuaht.

Everyone will be converted to AOL (now a Verizon company) that uses a different email blocker which seems to be more current and up to date.  Schedule for the update has not been posted but the Three states sold to Frontier were converted before the sale to Frontier was completed. I was in one of those states, and haven't heard if any additional states have started to be converted.

0 Likes
TwitchinKitten

Verizon's email blocker will never work because those repeat emails most likely are using a new "throwaway" account every day. If you look at the full headers you can see where these things are coming from if you know how to read them.

Also using the "unsubscribe" link on emails where you do not know the sender - like a site or business you actually bought from or joined - is a booby-trap of sorts. NEVER hit that unsubscribe link from spammer mail. It's like a network where many spammers are linked in and get new addresses to spam.

What's REALLY funny is that whenever I try to forward an email to a friend from a shop I use to pass along a deal, Verizon won't let it forward because they are marking it as SPAM.

When they switch to AOL, be prepared for more garbage in and you being blocked on many places you try to join. MANY sites have AOL marked as a spam account at the server level because spammers like to use their free mail service to make throwaway accounts.

Gmail is pretty good but google does not give you privacy. Neither does yahoo. ANY free email account like that says your privacy is not guaranteed and they tell you that in fine print if you read it.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes