Email conversion to AOL
berfertg
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a long standing customer of Verizon (Fios, Internet & Phone plus wireless of 3 lines) I am not happy with the conversion to AOL email. I really don't like all of the ads within the AOL online email site. I'm paying for a service that includes email accounts and now I have to suffer with ADS! I tried the "Opt Out" option and it failed for 80% of all sources.

Verizon I'm very close to switching 100% to a new provider for all services. I am not happy at all.

Re: Email conversion to AOL
Aggravator

I just have to add to this one you have to pick a verizon home page now that you have gave us users  a email account to aol

we also now belong to aol so we have verizon homepage and a AOL homepage which is silly you bought aol and then make aol your only webpage and we have to download the aol app for or iphones and ipads to get the mail so now i have aol app and verizon app your confusing the users  also us users pay alot of money why do we have more ads in our email with aol we should have option to disable and all the crap Aol tries to get you to download like shield browser ect also you didnt make all of us safer because all the malware today is mostly from all those ads.and i hate comcast more then the next person but at least they offer free security norton to protect there user but yet you make the user pay for there security and Mcafee out of all the security products you use the bog my system down cant stop any malaware if i  tried.iobit malware fighter would be a better choice and thats a virus itself.you want to be on top you have to start giving because you do receive alot monthly from all of us narrow it down to one Verizon homepage and email  one app for ipads and smart phones and truly protect the customer with a top security program take a user poll on what they would like.we make you happy with our monthly payments now its  your  turn to make the customer happy.

0 Likes
Raregem

At least you have access to email.  I'm still stuck where I can't even access MyYahoo.com.  Also logging in to my email account takes me to Verizon page saying I need to sign in to Verizon Webmail.  I click on that and it take me to Yahoo page saying the Server is Unavailable.  Try again later.  Been like this since last Thursday.  Verizon called to say it would be fixed today.  They lie!!!  Just tried and I still have the same problem.  Yesterday I was on and a lot of people have been having the same problem.  If something's not done, Verizon is going to have a Mass Exodus.  I pay over $200 a month for this louzy service!

0 Likes
ryndyr

AGREED!!!

Additionally, we were promised better Spam filters.  Well, they are even worse than the Verizon filters. I'm bombarded with junk.  AND, they aren't even as smart as the pitiful Verizon filters, for example, I can't direct emails that don't have my account in the To field to a separate folder where I can review and determine which ones to let thru.  Since spammers change their email addresses all the time, it does almost no good at all to block by sender.

0 Likes
matthewpersico

Go get a google.com mail account. Set it up to access you verizon/aol mail. You'll never see the AOL stuff. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

AOL filter are better, but of course different, so things will get through that were previously blocked.  But one of the important things is their is clearly support, so if you report a spam, similar messages will probably be blocked.

Filter Rules support generic  wild cards. 

Both old Verizon and AOL spam filters have been known to mistakenly mark something as spam that isn't.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread pertains to the migration to AOL associated with last year's Frontier transfer, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes